Advice sought on gunge-deluge.

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Advice sought on gunge-deluge.

Postby nickmarlow » 02 Feb 2012, 20:14

Guys - I need some advice on releasing a large-ish quantity - say about 30 litres, 3 bucketfuls - of gunge from overhead in one go. It would be the consistency of thick, lumpy custard. If anyone has any experience of such a thing, can you advise me?

a) Any ideas for a container and release mechanism that won't result in a steady 'pour', but rather a sudden massive deluge?
b) How 'heavy' would it feel if it hit someone lying on their back? I'm assuming it won't sting or wind them but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks all!
nickmarlow

Re: Advice sought on gunge-deluge.

Postby BillShipton » 07 Feb 2012, 15:57

Well, 30 litres of water would weigh about 60lbs and gunge is thicker than water so I wouldn't drop it from too great a height!
BillShipton

Postby messylaura » 07 Feb 2012, 22:10

if all else fails, mix some swiss rolls with custard for a really nice weighted mess, you can adjust the consintancy easily
wam search words: Мокрая, ливень, alluvione
messylaura

Postby nickmarlow » 10 Feb 2012, 18:07

Thanks guys, I've moderated my plan so so I won't flatten anyone. Great idea re the swiss-rolls by the way!
nickmarlow

Postby bigsub » 24 Feb 2012, 13:57

hi what you need is a trap door system rather than a pipe and valve. A simple catch would work fine for the release either on a string or electro magnet to open it, depends on how technical you wanted to be. The tank and door its self you have to be strong though due to the weight.
He who believes will receive.
bigsub

Return to Practical Sploshing