How to remove stiffness from clothing after cornstarch wam

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

How to remove stiffness from clothing after cornstarch wam

Postby ponyvinyl » 09 Jul 2011, 06:18

Hi, an age old problem for me in the past I used to WAM (non-MLP) with boiled cornstarch and my clothing is hard as carboard after washing and dries. I stopped for years because of this problem...anyone have a solution to soften the fabric after wamming?

ponyvinyl
ponyvinyl

Re: How to remove stiffness from clothing after cornstarch w

Postby BillShipton » 10 Jul 2011, 10:54

No, but I guess that's gonna be the problem with something with the word starch in the name. Why did you choose it?
BillShipton

Postby ponyvinyl » 11 Jul 2011, 14:29

It's easy to clean off from the floor before someone comes back so no evidence of Wamming but it stays in the fabric.

ponyvinyl
ponyvinyl

Postby Trouso » 12 Jul 2011, 09:37

Hi

The problem is, you're not actually removing the starch from the fabric when you wash it - and because it's translucent you can't see to be sure you have. The only thing you can do is:

1. Make sure it doesn't dry
2. Douse it in neat washing up liquid or detergent and soak for as long as possible before washing - initially - in cold water, very thoroughly and several times before putting through a normal wash.

To be honest, though, this is such a lot of work and, eventually, whoever you're hiding this from will catch you at it. I would tend towards buying some clothing from a charity shop (a lot of it's top notch in posh areas!) to mess up and just discreetly bin it afterwards.

You could always get a job as a redcoat at Butlins (male or female) and find any excuse to get gunged. Just an average day would see you come in from work and, stuffing your goo clogged uniform into the washing machine, utter the following words to your partner - "Tut! Got gunged again!"

Kind regards,

T
Trouso

Return to Practical Sploshing