Photos

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Photos

Postby what_katy_did » 11 May 2011, 11:40

My boyfriend doesn't get splosh so I have to go it alone and I'd love to have some pictures of my efforts. I've tried setting up my camera to film and then doing screengrabs but it's rubbish quality so I wondered if anyone knew of any method or software where you could set a camera up to take pictures at set intervals, say every 10 seconds?
what_katy_did

Re: Photos

Postby BillShipton » 12 May 2011, 10:06

Hayley's the expert on this but most digital stills cameras have timers and some have remote controls The timer can be set up to do a sequence of shots.
BillShipton

Postby Straponscott » 15 May 2011, 10:03

Exactly what Bill said. Although remember to set your camera a little way from the area to keep it clean. Also a digital camera zoom will reduce quality the more you zoom in depending on the pixel size. I shoot with 2 canon SLR digitals which obviosly are like a film camera but record digitally. I'd happily photograph you or anyone on this site for that matter. If you are photo editing also then remember to make the black black.
Scott
Straponscott@hotmail.com
Straponscott

Postby mcdiejdh2000 » 19 May 2011, 19:31

Depending on location and if BF is happy with it I would love to do photography for you.
mcdiejdh2000

Postby SimonW » 05 Jul 2011, 15:21

There are waterproof digital cameras available, at much the same price as a reasonable quality standard one. Not sure if they'd stand up to being dropped in a bucket of custard, but presumably should be OK against the occasional stray drop of mess!
SimonW

Return to Practical Sploshing