Wig WAM? (And I don’t mean sploshing in a tent)

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Wig WAM? (And I don’t mean sploshing in a tent)

Postby messy_mac » 05 Mar 2011, 20:23

I’m thinking of getting messy in a long wig but am unsure of the practicalities, I’ve never worn a wig before, so am not sure how it would fit or how well it would stay in place during the session.

Is there anyone that has experience of this and could give me any tips?

Also, how about cleaning it after, it would probably only be a cheap joke shop style wig to start with, so not a great loss if it had to be thrown out after.

Thanks!
messy_mac

Re: Wig WAM? (And I don’t mean sploshing in a tent)

Postby bea___ » 06 Mar 2011, 10:39

its not too bad, make sure as soon as the session is finished you wash it out, then leave to dry dont use any heat just room temperature, once its dry brush it with a wig brush and all will be good
bea___

Postby messy_mac » 06 Mar 2011, 16:11

Thanks Bea! How about during the session, does the weight of the mess cause the wig to slip and come off?
messy_mac

Postby katieessex » 10 Mar 2011, 16:39

Bea is right - just wash the wig in cold water with a drop of shampoo and rinse again in clean cold water

Hang it up to drip dry after running a coarse comb through it to keep it straight and kink free

When dry brush out carefully

Most wigs (even the chap "party" ones) have elasticated adjusters inside, so unless you get hit with a pie delivered by Fatima Whitbread it should stay on during your session

I often get buckets of porridge poured over my head and all my wigs stand up to this and stay on

BTW Asda have got a few party wigs at a fiver each so you can afford to experiment with looks - and the self serve till is always an easy way to avoid weird looks from the checkout girl - until you get "UNEXPECTED ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA!" which is sure to embarrass LOL
katieessex

Postby Moira cd » 10 Jul 2011, 14:47

I've been pied and gunged in a wig, it depends on what you use, and the style (straight, ringlets etc). I got a bit gunged in porridge a few weeks ago, and I couldn't get the oats out of it, although I knew that was likely, so I had to bin it. I've never had a wig slip yet. I had a good realistic one which I've only ever been pied in with shaving foam, anything more and a joke shop one will do. I don't let shop staff judge me, they are there to serve us, not play moral guardians.
Moira cd

Return to Practical Sploshing