Paddling pool recommendations for sploshing

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Paddling pool recommendations for sploshing

Postby splosher » 11 Feb 2011, 10:28

Hi,

Am looking to buy a paddling pool to use for indoor sploshing. Can anyone recommend one that they have used before and where they bought it?

Size wise, it needs to be ideally rectangular and around 8 feet long by about 5 feet wide to accommodate 2 adults.

We'll be sploshing mainly in things like chocolate sauce or custard.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks.
splosher

Re: Paddling pool recommendations for sploshing

Postby splosherrob » 13 Feb 2011, 15:32

I got one that sort of size from Argos. High sided as well which was handy. Cost about £30. Only thing is it needs a lot of air to inflate so make sure you get an electric pump to fill AND empty it!
On Fetlife as Luchador1
splosherrob

Postby splosher » 28 Apr 2011, 14:11

splosherrob wrote:I got one that sort of size from Argos. High sided as well which was handy. Cost about £30. Only thing is it needs a lot of air to inflate so make sure you get an electric pump to fill AND empty it!

I ended up getting one from Argos which sounds like the same one you got. It worked a treat for a very messy session! :D

Thanks too for the advice about the pump - was a doddle to inflate and deflate with an electric one.
splosher

Postby PleasePieMeMistress » 20 Sep 2011, 20:15

Ching & I have used similar pools on a couple of occassions, found one on ebay from Next's clearance dept which cost £10!! Inflated by hand using a huge stirrup style air pump without too much difficulty and only took about 10 minutes! :o)
Sploshy Haiku
Please pie me mistress,
Pour custard over my head,
Then pie me some more.
PleasePieMeMistress

Return to Practical Sploshing