Cleaning Up

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Cleaning Up

Postby baqanz » 24 Oct 2010, 22:04

Me and my girlfriend have just started sploshing after lots of time talking about it.

We've gone and got ourselves a paddling pool to use and cleaning it up is causing us a little bit of an issue. So far the best way we have found is too scoop out the majority of the mess into bowls and pour that away down the drain and then clean up the rest of it with kitchen roll. Obviously that gives us a heap load of extra rubbish to chuck away and is fairly expensive on the kitchen roll front!! :lol:

Does anyone on here have any better ways of doing it?
baqanz

Re: Cleaning Up

Postby mudmonster79 » 25 Oct 2010, 09:55

Indeed - the best way is to get most of the large quantity of gunge/stuff down the toilet (as its got a good circumference to the drain!) A good powerful shower should hose of the paddling pool (in the bath, obviously) and then you hang it up to drip. Other than that - my only tip is make sure there's enough hot water in the tank, and clean yourselves first, before the hot water runs out!! :)
mudmonster79

Postby CustardLover78 » 10 Nov 2010, 19:24

Hi,
You are doing the right thing using a paddling pool but you should line the pool with cheap plastic sheeting. When you have finished you just bunch up the sheeting and put it in a large heavy duty wheelie bin liner. Therefore the pool itself stays clean!

Hope this helps!

Pieman
CustardLover78

Postby baqanz » 12 May 2011, 01:14

I'm back again with another question, more out of hope for some of your experience than anything else!

We like to mainly use custard and all is very fun bar one thing, a horrible greasy feeling afterwards even after a couple of good showers and day or so. I assume its the veg oil in the custard, is there any decent way to get rid of it or is it just a matter of keep showering until it goes?

Cheers :)
baqanz

Postby BillShipton » 12 May 2011, 10:03

Nobody's ever complained about that before, not in my experience.
BillShipton

Postby what_katy_did » 12 May 2011, 23:04

I sort of know what you mean. I use a really soapy shower gell and scrub everywhere with a loofah or one of those shower puff things before rinsing it off. Seems to help for me.
what_katy_did

Postby wamman73 » 13 May 2011, 11:08

i find using cheap washing up liquid cleans greasy things better
wamman73

Postby gungeychris » 19 May 2011, 15:37

I've found that the plastic decorating sheets (about a £1 each in Teso/Asda, and quite big) do a great job of catching all the mess, nothing has ever leaked through from it, and if you're really worried, not too expensive to just sellotape all over the room to be on the safe side! Then when its all finished, just fold up the corners, tie it up, put it in a black bag, chuck away, and no blockages anywhere!
gungeychris

Return to Practical Sploshing