Allergy?

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Allergy?

Postby mummy » 11 Oct 2010, 14:49

Hi everyone!
Had some fun with some Chocolate Cake Mix the other day. Minutes after I was cleaned up the palm of my hands started stinging like crazy just as if
I handled fiber-glass insulation. I've looked at the spec of ingridients and cant find anything that I might be allergic to. (I have no known foodallergies)
Has anyone else experienced something like this. The funny thing is that it was only my hands that reacted.
Thankful for your help.
mummy

Re: Allergy?

Postby messylaura » 13 Oct 2010, 00:07

the only food substance that has 'stund' me was the tom sauce in baked beans, mostly just after i have freshly shaved my legs.

i do however get the same feeling you get if i have a warm bath after i have had a long session out in the cold rain or from playing in cold lakes so i try to let myself warm up a bit before a hot bath

as for allergy, i get it sometimes from foam bubble bath so i take an anti-histermine (anti allergy) tablet first
wam search words: Мокрая, ливень, alluvione
messylaura

Re: Allergy?

Postby mudmonster79 » 18 Oct 2010, 17:33

I used peanut butter once, and it puffed my skin up something silly! Thankfully it all went down the next day. Strange as i'd used a different make before and all was ok.
mudmonster79

Return to Practical Sploshing