Perfect gunge balloons - Every time!

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Perfect gunge balloons - Every time!

Postby paperclips6 » 11 Sep 2010, 12:08

Over the years there has been much talk about how to get gunge into a balloon easily. Many it seems pour the gunge into an empty plastic bottle then squeeze it in, while other just end up making a mess (prematurly). Others have tried with a funnel which just doesn't work! What's needed is a way of presurising the gunge into the balloon, but to be able to do so it a clean and comtrolable way...

The answer to this, I think, is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Draper-Oil-Suction-Gun-Hand-Pump-Syringe-Gearbox-Diff-/150490274782?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2309eb5bde

It's a giant syringe!

I have one of these for filling gearbox oil and have used it for all sorts of thick oils and it works every time... So now I've bought a second one for gunge balloon making.
As long as your gunge isn't lumpy it'll suck it up fine and you can dispense it neatly into a balloon. It should also work with other fluids - you could probably make a golden syrup balloon for example.
£12 well spent!

Hope this helps.
paperclips6

Re: Perfect gunge balloons - Every time!

Postby mudmonster79 » 12 Sep 2010, 16:34

Ive got one of these, and have already tried Golden Syrup, but its a little too thick. Maybe if you dilute the syrup with a little water (and mix well) then that might work a bit better. For gunge balloons tho - absolutely perfect!! Thanks Paperclips6
mudmonster79

Postby jaffajape » 19 Sep 2010, 16:55

A quick question - I have tried a gunge balloon before (the bottle method), not very well - and then when I tried to pop the balloon it just split a bit, rather than shower me in gunge as I'd hoped.

I guess I needed it filled with more air - but how to know how much it'll take before it pops?!
jaffajape

Fetlife: jaffajape
UMD: jaffajape

Postby messylaura » 23 Oct 2010, 20:00

balloons won't really shower you with mess, they do tend to split, even with water, its the viscosity of the material inside that determines how it reacts, water for instance will still fall from a popped balloon in one big lump but will flow every where when it hits a target or the ground
watch a slow mo on you tube of a balloon being burst

maybe if you put a party popper inside tha balloon first, then the custard........................
wam search words: Мокрая, ливень, alluvione
messylaura

Postby squidgybaws » 23 Aug 2011, 22:57

Balloon pumps are brilliant, I got some from poundstretchers years ago and it's still going strong. It takes 3 pumps to fill a balloon but doesn't leak when you take the plunger out to refill it! Ideal :D
squidgybaws

Postby squidgybaws » 02 May 2012, 22:07

gunge balloons 014.jpg
gunge balloons 014.jpg (4.88 MiB) Viewed 7929 times
gunge balloons 013.jpg
gunge balloons 013.jpg (5.31 MiB) Viewed 7929 times
Made some slime filled balloons tonight, worked a treat!
squidgybaws

Return to Practical Sploshing