flour advice

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

flour advice

Postby ukmessyuk » 30 Aug 2010, 07:16

whats the score with flour i have heard its hard to clean up and not good if u got hairs so to speak is there a easy way to use flour and what is best flour to use so it doesnt get stuck in hairs much anyc advice is helpful
lookin for females to splosh with can accomdadate or willing to travel pm me
ukmessyuk

Re: flour advice

Postby jon42 » 30 Aug 2010, 08:28

From experience, batter mix was waaaaaay bad idea. It had a lot of the same properies as glue and was tough to remove.

That said, I've heard that flour mixes can work out okay if you add some oil. Hopefully you'll get a more helpful comment from someone else, but if not, I'd advise just making up a little bit with different amounts of oil and testing a little bit somewhere you're prepared to lose the hair from...
jon42

Postby mudmonster79 » 30 Aug 2010, 15:16

yeah - it all gets clumped up when you wash with warm water... I've also heard (and tried once) that rubbing in peanut butter also works after the flour, but to be honest - it still makes it hard to get out.

Has anyone ever tried different types of flour (I gather Plain/Self Raising are just the same, but what about some of the indian alternatives like Garam Flour?)

I still stick to Cake Batter, but would love the sticky feel of flour/water without the issues of clumping!
mudmonster79

Postby ukmessyuk » 01 Sep 2010, 18:59

im eager to try this or does anyone know of a subititute instead i got this week off and eager to get messy
lookin for females to splosh with can accomdadate or willing to travel pm me
ukmessyuk

Postby BillShipton » 09 Sep 2010, 10:15

Cornflour is slightly easier to remove as it's finer. Flour can be used so long as it's with other things that keep it wet (especially oil). Flour and water is a definite no.
BillShipton

Postby Squelch » 10 Oct 2010, 18:24

My experience of using flour is that providing it becomes well mixed with other gunge it isn't hard to remove. You'll find that if it is mixed with other gunge it starts to become thicker....starts to become a sort of dough I guess, but providing there's plenty of sloppy stuff to mix it with it won't go too thick. Enjoy!
Squelch

Postby panasynce70uk » 23 Dec 2010, 20:48

hi just thought i post my new flour "recipie".If you can make cheese sauce you can make this. start with vegtable oil add flour and mix in a pan. then just add hot water while mixing on the hob. i've found one bag of flour makes about 6 litres of gunge. it dosn't stick to hair ( well no worse than any other substance) cleans and washes off easily.And dosn't leak throught clothes, quite handy for my laterst "thing"
panasynce70uk

Return to Practical Sploshing