Silly vibrator question

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Silly vibrator question

Postby sweetnpied » 07 Apr 2010, 21:56

As some of you who have read my stories in the reading room know, I like to insert things in me when I splosh. One thing I've never put up there, just because I'm such a fucking fraidy-cat, is a vibrator. I'm worried I'll get shocked, or the acid will leak out of the batteries, or the mess will screw up how it works, or who knows what else. Anybody ever tried this, or REALLY knows the answer if it's safe or dangerous? Thanks!
Christina
sweetnpied

Re: Silly vibrator question

Postby GeOrDiE_bOy » 08 Apr 2010, 05:40

Most vibrators are now waterproof so should be ok to use in the mess or shower, if your in the UK www.lovehoney.co.uk is a excellent place to buy from!
GeOrDiE_bOy

Postby jar » 08 Apr 2010, 09:04

"I'm worried I'll get shocked," Only if you took the batteries out and placed something like your tounge between the 2 ends. You have to have a complete curcuit for current to flow. Even if this did happen the shock would be very mild. It's theoretically possible if you just inserted the batteries and a conducting lube.
"or the acid will leak out of the batteries," This only happens when the batteries are badly coroded. Just check the batteries in your vibe before you insert.
"or the mess will screw up how it works" as one person has already said use a water proof vibe. However vibes can be covered with latex or other materials which do not mix well with mess. A bit like condoms and fats. I would recomend a hard paltic vibe waterproof vibe or make sure you're only using condom safe mess and put a condom on the vibe to protect it.
jar

Postby sweetnpied » 08 Apr 2010, 11:17

jar wrote:"I'm worried I'll get shocked," Only if you took the batteries out and placed something like your tounge between the 2 ends.

LOL. Well, I am quite orally fixated, so you never know. Love putting all sorts of food items in my mouth and let them spill out over my chin. Especially when I place a dildo or hubby's penis in there after the pouring. But I think the tongue on the battery connectors one thing I can avoid doing.

I pretty much suspected there HAS to be a way to do this safely. What made me wonder is I saw on ad on TV yesterday of a guy taking an electric razor under water to shave. I'm thinking if they can make THAT safe to do, then my fears of having something go wrong with my vibrator may not be all that real. Wellllll, believe or not there are just about no sex shops where I live, at least not ANYWHERE nearby. But I'm accompanying hubby on a relatively short business trip at the end of the month (only 3 1/2 hours from here) and there's always been this gigantic billboard on the highway announcing an adult store right off of it. I've been begging him to stop there with me on prior trips. This time, I'll be driving, and we're stopping. It's the LEAST he can do since his business trip is making me delay a sploshing weekend I had planned for us. Grrrrrr. I'm gonna check out the vibrator section for just the kind you guys have mentioned.

Any other suggestions about vibrator safety tips until then would be deeply appreciated.
Last edited by sweetnpied on 10 Apr 2010, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
sweetnpied

Postby messylaura » 09 Apr 2010, 23:12

for first time vibro use, stay away from the ones you have to kick start, :mrgreen:
wam search words: Мокрая, ливень, alluvione
messylaura

Postby sweetnpied » 10 Apr 2010, 05:26

messylaura wrote:for first time vibro use, stay away from the ones you have to kick start, :mrgreen:

THANKS, ML. You were a BIG help!
sweetnpied

Postby MrB » 11 Apr 2010, 19:15

It's not silly to be nervous of the unknown. Vibrators are perfectly safe and won't do anything like leak acid out of the batteries, however if you are using them with sploshing, then make sure you use a waterproof one, there are many available.

Some other tips;
Never use a jelly one, as they contain nasty chemicals such as phthalates.
If you plan to shove it up your arse (highly recommend, especially if you're male) then get one with a flared base, or one designed for anal play.

Let me know if you are after something specific, and I'll try to point you in the right direction. I know far more than I should about sex toys.

If you are in the uk, use lovehoney. In the US try babeland or smitten kitten online (voucher code laura).

If you are in the US, get a hitachi magic wand - completely useless for wamming, mains powered, but Omg with the emphasis on O.
MrB

Postby Spinynorman and Frilly » 12 Apr 2010, 18:37

Lots of our messy fun in the bath usually involves dildo's and vibrators and we have never encountered a problem. Sound advice given above regarding the anal ones especialy when everything is covered in gunge and very slippy. Who knows how far up they might go. :shock:
Kind regards, Spinynorman and Frilly

Still messing about after all these years!
Spinynorman and Frilly

Postby sweetnpied » 13 Apr 2010, 01:12

MrB wrote:It's not silly to be nervous of the unknown. Vibrators are perfectly safe and won't do anything like leak acid out of the batteries, however if you are using them with sploshing, then make sure you use a waterproof one, there are many available.

Some other tips;
Never use a jelly one, as they contain nasty chemicals such as phthalates.
If you plan to shove it up your arse (highly recommend, especially if you're male) then get one with a flared base, or one designed for anal play.

Let me know if you are after something specific, and I'll try to point you in the right direction. I know far more than I should about sex toys.

If you are in the uk, use lovehoney. In the US try babeland or smitten kitten online (voucher code laura).

If you are in the US, get a hitachi magic wand - completely useless for wamming, mains powered, but Omg with the emphasis on O.

Holy shit, MrB! Thanks for all the great advice. I said somewhere on here (or on UMD) that I plan on visiting a sex shop at the end of the month when I accompany hubby on one of his business trips. (I'm going to make sure I'm driving over the stretch of road where I know such a store exists right off the highway. How do I know? There's a big bilboard just before Exit 41. Not like I've memorized the exit number of anything. Ohhhh, honey.... you worked so hard at the conference. Let me drive for you. You can sleep if you want.... hee-hee, a little surprise when he awakes if he falls asleep.) There are virtually no sex shops around here. At least none that I know of. And if there were, I'd probably be too nervous someone I know would spot me going in. I am soooo glad you posted before our trip. I may have to print out your response, so I can have it handy.
sweetnpied

Return to Practical Sploshing