how easy is it to poridge out of your hair

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

how easy is it to poridge out of your hair

Postby custard » 12 Mar 2010, 18:30

hi,
just woundering how easy it is t get poridge out of your hair?
or is ready break better than poridge?
please help.
thanks
justin
custard

Re: how easy is it to poridge out of your hair

Postby messylaura » 12 Mar 2010, 21:47

i have really long wavy hair, it can be akward, make sure you have a wide tooth comd followed by a fine comb

i recently used sainsburys oat flakes, they are very fine and made lovely thick gooeey buckets full, it came out of my hair easy

i have found porrige can be akward to get out of velvet or simalar clothing / dresses
wam search words: Мокрая, ливень, alluvione
messylaura

Postby mudmonster79 » 13 Mar 2010, 15:41

porridge is absolutely fine.. It washes quite easily and if it does harden, then it flakes away quite easily too. Worst is when porridge hardens against the bath - its still comes off, but it needs a bit of fine fingernail scraping!
Enjoy it and don't worry. Its best when there's a large quantity. The wife and I saved up about 30-40kgs of it once and made a bath - it was awesome. It took a while to get the whole lot down the toilet bowl though, as you can't just send it down the plug hole!!
mudmonster79

Postby Candy Custard » 28 Mar 2010, 22:55

No problem with porridge... if I have a lot in my hair I wash it twice then comb through with conditioner and 99% of it is out. any left over then brushes out easily once it's dry
Candy Custard

Postby alext » 29 Mar 2010, 16:37

I've never had a huge amount of problem with Porridge, but, like using Rice Pudding, it's probably a good idea to have a comb on standby while you're in the shower, so you can get out any bits that may be left behind. It does tend to wash out pretty well once the water and soap get to get :)
alext

Postby Miss T » 21 Apr 2010, 09:47

We have found that porridge is different for different hair types. If you have long thick dark hair - like Scarlett then you might be trying to get it out for several days if on the other hand its not so thick then it comes out really easily.
Resistance is futile!
Miss T

Postby Hayley » 21 Apr 2010, 09:55

It also depends on how thick you make it. If you make it so thick it's 'gluey' then it is a lot harder to remove after. If you make it runny enough to pour (yes, please!) then it is less of a problem - and my hair has always been thick, and occasionally permed.

And I love it, especially warm!
Hayley
Site Admin

Return to Practical Sploshing