Primark - The Sploshers Outfitters?

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Re: Primark - The Sploshers Outfitters?

Postby eden » 31 Oct 2009, 16:26

You could get an underbust corset made, if you reeeeeeeeeeeally wanted your waist back! It'd be pretty expensive but most corset makers make them for men, too so it would be right for your shape.
Love, Eden

On fetlife as eden_blue
eden

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 31 Oct 2009, 20:04

Don't think I could manage the discomfort of that anyway so I'll just keep using the stretchy lycra (which feels nice anyway). It's also useful to be able to pull the skirt open when I want to pour gloop into my tights anyway! :-)
Lizzie_Claymore

Fetlife: Lizzie_Claymore
UMD: Lizzie_Claymore

Postby eden » 01 Nov 2009, 00:43

The right corset. even for a guy shouldn't in theory be uncomfortable (whoever made that one up, HA!). But I'm with you - any clothes for any sexual purposes that are restrictive are not good, unless you're into encasement, or something!

I think we do ok as sploshers because our clothes tend to be - well, just clothes! Looking back at all the clothes I've sploshed, the most expensive item was probably about twenty quid, and that was PVC so it cleaned up well. Now shoes, on the other hand! Also, we can get stuff that fits well, or at least, you're not always buying 'saucy' clothes that fit horribly. Case in point the supposedly nurses outfit I bought for hallowe'en. which yes, we will probably splosh soon, which gives me a bloody muffin top. Very sexy!
Love, Eden

On fetlife as eden_blue
eden

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 01 Nov 2009, 09:39

eden wrote:I think we do ok as sploshers because our clothes tend to be - well, just clothes!

Also, we can get stuff that fits well, or at least, you're not always buying 'saucy' clothes that fit horribly.

True, although, as I say, it's harder for the likes of me to find the clothes I want to splosh in,compared with you, as I don't go 'in and out' in the right places, which rules out so many lovely things as I simply can't get into them (or, if I do, I end up looking like a badly packed sack of potatoes!) I have a much wider chest at the back whereas yours is bigger at the front so the arm holes tend to be in the wrong place in blouses, causing massive rucking up under the arms (if I can even get them on) to give just one example (but if I go for a bigger size, it's all floppy, which is no use). As Sandy Toksvig reminded us the other day on Radio 4, P.G. Wodehouse had that lovely quote "“She looked as if she had been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say "when."” - That's me when I'm in the wrong gear and somewhat frustrating it is too as I do like the pinched-in waist look but also clingy lycra stuff and tiny minis etc! (I do love looking tarty a lot of the time - it's such fun!) :-) I could get away with it 20 years ago but not really now, I think. (Ha - I still do it anyway ... who cares - nobody else to see! :mrgreen: )

eden wrote:Now shoes, on the other hand!

Oh yes ... shoes are a nightmare! I have such difficulty getting shoes even when I'm in drab but in drag it's almost impossible as I need 9EEE. However, the N. Brown website empire sells off its surplus from all its websites at very reasonable prices on its bargain clearance site and they really understand the problem of shoe width (which most retailers don't, even in the high street - it's a major problem for many people).

I've had some good ones from them in the past, although they're still few and far between that will actually fit ok. The trick is that you order multiple pairs around the size you think is likely but, being mail order and web-based, you just send back the ones you don't want/don't fit and get a full refund on those (provided you do so within the time limit). That's great for me as I don't have to walk into shops and try on heels while other customers are looking askance at what a big bloke is doing in the ladies section trying on heels!

The non-clearance stuff on their other websites is often quite good value too, especially in the sales. Go here and click on links at the top and you'll see the clearance site at the top RHS, as well as all their other brands. In view of the extreme difficulty I have finding any shoes, I tend to splosh without those. I was a bit worried about it this year when I found my latest fave site (a lovely thick clay-edged pond in the countryside) - there's always a worry about sharp bits - but I've been fine as it seems to be all shin deep clay to squelch around in, which does feel lovely underfoot, even with 4 pairs of tights on (no, make that especially with 4 pairs of tights on, particularly once the panty sections have been filled up with sloppy clay too!) ;-)

Oh bye the way, are the calves of women much wider than men, relative to foot size (tiny feet, large calves vs large feet, tiny calves)? I find that I can't get boots that hug my calves, they all flop around! The N Brown sites even list the circumference of the calf section relative to the foot size and even in slim-calf-fitting boots, they're still far too wide. I wonder whether the different anatomy requires the calves to be stronger for women (perhaps to stop you falling over forwards!! :shock: ;-) ) compared with us? Perhaps you'd like to measure yours and your b/f's and see?
Last edited by Lizzie_Claymore on 01 Nov 2009, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie_Claymore

Postby PleasePieMeMistress » 01 Nov 2009, 09:41

Nowt wrong with muffin top, and I'll bet your muffins looked delicious Eden!
Sploshy Haiku
Please pie me mistress,
Pour custard over my head,
Then pie me some more.
PleasePieMeMistress

Postby eden » 01 Nov 2009, 12:29

PleasePieMeMistress wrote:Nowt wrong with muffin top, and I'll bet your muffins looked delicious Eden!

Well, hopefully, you'll all see soon.

Claymore_wam wrote: have a much wider chest at the back whereas yours is bigger at the front so the arm holes tend to be in the wrong place in blouses, causing massive rucking up under the arms (if I can even get them on) to give just one example (but if I go for a bigger size, it's all floppy, which is no use).

Hmm, I think the only thing about that would be to cut a small slit in the armpit of the clothes. If there is a seam there then the clothing won't tear or fray. Maybe that would give you some more movement? Seeing as my sewing looks like the kind you'd see on someones face in a Tim Burton film maybe someone else could help you there. Also, to get the cinched in waist look, maybe you could make a sash on some of your clothes, like this: http://pics.livejournal.com/j4d3l2/pic/00022sax/s320x240. You won't be able to see it at the back, it'd be quite easy to sew and would give you a bit more of a waist. Also, it might help hold the goo in your top a bit better.

As for the calves? I just measured both of ours. Bear in mind we are about the same height and Jon is only one shoe size bigger than me, but he is quite a bit stronger and more wiry so I was expecting him to have bigger calves. He was 14 inches and I was 15! Wearing high heels a lot, though, means you get big calves, and I do wear heels a fair bit. Explains why he can wear all my boots! I'm not dancing much now, but when I was dancing and had been doing so 5 nights a week, in high heels, my calves were HUGE.
Love, Eden

On fetlife as eden_blue
eden

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 01 Nov 2009, 21:45

Oooh - I've got a summer dress with a sash like that already on. I just hadn't thought of adding one to my other stuff - duh! :-) In fact, a nice little belt might do it too as I do still (just) go in a little. The clingy lycra tops I generally use now help to give that impression, anyway (although they're now starting to reveal far too much belly, making me start to look like a Michelin Man (Michelin CD?)!

Ah ha - so I was right about the calves! Yes, I suspected it might be to do with wearing heels and I suppose the more you do in them (e.g. dancing) then the bigger your calves will get. Bit of a bugger to find boots that don't flop around (for me anyway), especially as I'll usually need to go for a 10 in boots just to be able to get my foot 'round the corner' when putting them on, if you see what I mean.

Talking of dancing in heels, I caught some of a Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers film on BBC4 tonight and I was wondering how on earth she managed to dance so fast in 3" heels - it's difficult enough just standing and walking! :)
Lizzie_Claymore

Postby La Perla » 25 Feb 2010, 16:25

Primark or Tesco don't really work for me as I'm too tall for their stock. However, MATALAN, has been quite good with larger sizes on offer. Truthfully though, the main source of purchases for me is done on-line.
A troll through Google for Crossdressing Wear, Trannie Clothing or any of the 'make-over' sites is usually worthwhile. Especially for footwear.
Make every day a messy day.
La Perla

Postby eden » 29 Mar 2010, 21:07

Claymore_wam wrote:Talking of dancing in heels, I caught some of a Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers film on BBC4 tonight and I was wondering how on earth she managed to dance so fast in 3" heels - it's difficult enough just standing and walking! :)

Pah, try these bad boys:

Love, Eden

On fetlife as eden_blue
eden

Previous

Return to Practical Sploshing