Primark - The Sploshers Outfitters?

Goo-it-yourself advice from our band of home sploshers on everything from making a good custard pie to building a gunge tank. A sort of Stickki-pedia!

Re: Primark - The Sploshers Outfitters?

Postby 17paul » 05 Oct 2009, 14:22

Aslo more Primark Stores:
addresses;
49,Arndale Centre, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 5NW.
46, High Street, Margate, Kent, CT9 1DS.
I have found them in Yellow Pages.(none in Hastings)
good luck.
I love ladies dress up in smart business knee length skirt suits with sleeved blouse and full underwear to get messy and wet.
17paul

Postby BillShipton » 05 Oct 2009, 16:57

Hastings is far too downmarket for Primark! We have a Peacocks (unless it's closed down). I know the Arndale Centre in Eastbourne quite well. Would go and look but I'm too busy playing with the new Greatest Hits DL Store (now with pics for most of the films).
BillShipton

Postby muckypup » 05 Oct 2009, 17:12

There seem to be a fair few around London and the south! http://www.primark.co.uk/page.aspx?pointerid=feb563203a6848688b904e7007d1551f
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Postby Richard » 05 Oct 2009, 21:43

BillShipton wrote:I was amused when New Look - rather than worrying why a fat ugly 50 plus bloke was buying women's clothing - offered me a store card!

Were you chatting up Katie at the time? That's where she used to work!
Bottoms Up!
Richard

Postby BillShipton » 06 Oct 2009, 08:32

Richard wrote:
BillShipton wrote:I was amused when New Look - rather than worrying why a fat ugly 50 plus bloke was buying women's clothing - offered me a store card!

Were you chatting up Katie at the time? That's where she used to work!

Sadly not in the Hastings branch.
BillShipton

Postby mrsniffles » 06 Oct 2009, 10:00

I tend to buy my womens clothes on ebay, saves the humiliation of walking up to a giggling young attractive shop assistant and saying "Do you think this would fit my frame" lol.
Tights look better when messy and ripped :-)
mrsniffles

Postby andy250 » 06 Oct 2009, 12:46

Some of the girls at Wamtastic use Primark for outfits for getting messy in. Why not indeed......

regards

Andy
andy250

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 07 Oct 2009, 17:21

Yes, I've used them on a number of occasions. They have some great womens tops in clingy lycra-based long-sleeve format in their 'atmosphere basics' range (about £3) which are both (1) long enough in body *and* sleeve (which is highly unusual for femme clothes on me) and (2) they hide my hairy arms - one of many bains of the CrossDresser's life!

Last summer, they were also clearing out lycra 'boob tubes' for £1, which make absolutely FAB tight clingy miniskirts (which give you a fantastic bum), if you're stuck for an idea. :-)

One of these days, I'll get round to updating my profile pic with those on view.
Lizzie_Claymore

Fetlife: Lizzie_Claymore
UMD: Lizzie_Claymore

Postby muckypup » 07 Oct 2009, 18:28

Claymore_wam wrote:Yes, I've used them on a number of occasions. They have some great womens tops in clingy lycra-based long-sleeve format in their 'atmosphere basics' range (about £3) which are both (1) long enough in body *and* sleeve (which is highly unusual for femme clothes on me) and (2) they hide my hairy arms - one of many bains of the CrossDresser's life!

Last summer, they were also clearing out lycra 'boob tubes' for £1, which make absolutely FAB tight clingy miniskirts (which give you a fantastic bum), if you're stuck for an idea. :-)

One of these days, I'll get round to updating my profile pic with those on view.

I look forward to seeing you resplendent in your primark fashions at the Warrington meet next week ;)
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 07 Oct 2009, 21:08

muckypup wrote:I look forward to seeing you resplendent in your primark fashions at the Warrington meet next week ;)

Ooooh no - not in daylight at a vanilla splunch - it'd "frighten the horses"! ;-)

Actually, I'm impressed with the way some people do go out en femme despite (like me) not being able to 'pass' in a million years but a provincial northern town centre on a Saturday afternoon would only be for the dedicated rugby-player-sized 24/7 TV into self defence, which I'm certainly not.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention that their 'luxury glossy tights' range seems very good value too. (£2 for 2 pairs last year.) Like most brands, if you are taller but slimmer then go for 'large' rather than 'extra large' (which are actually for shorter but wider shape).
Lizzie_Claymore

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 07 Oct 2009, 21:30

Claymore_wam wrote:... but a provincial northern town centre on a Saturday afternoon would only be for the dedicated rugby-player-sized 24/7 TV into self defence, which I'm certainly not.

Extraordinarily enough, within a few minutes of my posting that comment, someone (completely unconnected with this site) sent me this link on youtube entitled "Drag Queen Floors Thugs in Swansea"! (It does rather amplify the point I was making about not going out en femme unless you can actually do this, which I couldn't.) I think it's fair to say that these blokes rather unexpectedly 'met their match'!
Lizzie_Claymore

Postby Richard » 08 Oct 2009, 17:48

I saw that on a news channel and laughed fit to bust! Of course it happened in Wales, so :roll: :lol:
Bottoms Up!
Richard

Postby pdphacker » 31 Oct 2009, 08:03

Also try the 'pound shops' (Poundland, etc) which nearly always have sports socks you can wear for WAMing. And sometimes they have T-shirts which are cheap enough to WAM up, rip up, and throw away. And disposable coveralls that you just WAM and toss.

Look at the sport shop chains too. They often have cheap kit that can be trashed totally after WAMing.
pdphacker

Postby eden » 31 Oct 2009, 12:28

BillShipton wrote:Hastings is far too downmarket for Primark! We have a Peacocks...

Peacocks is more expensive than Primark!

TK Maxx is a great shop if you don't mind a rummage. They ALWAYS have a clearance section and because TK Maxx only get a few of each item in, they often have wierd sizes which might fit you boys better. You can always get a bargain and its higher quality stuff than Primark for sure. George at Asda actually has some quite nice stuff too.

Maybe I should set up a personal shopping service for cross-dressers?
Love, Eden

On fetlife as eden_blue
eden

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 31 Oct 2009, 16:09

You probably wouldn't be the first if you did, Eden! :-) The snag is that we go in and out in all the wrong places so it's notoriously difficult to get things that look 'right' (especially if you're an unusual size and shape to start with, which I am). [I have enough difficulty getting boys' clothes to fit, so you can imagine the trouble I have with girls' clothes! ... and shoes - a nightmare!!]

I used to be able to take a size 10 skirt 20 years ago but the only way I can do that now is with the pull-on elasticated waist and stretchy lycra type of skirt (I can be such a tart at times! ;-) ) as I've put on about 6 inches round the middle. (I used to have a really feminine waist - sigh - happy days!)

Yes, you're right - I've had some lovely stuff such as summer dresses and long evening wear from TK Maxx at astonishingly cheap prices. It does, as you say, require a lot of rummaging (though they can't touch you for it)! ;-)
Lizzie_Claymore

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Sploshing