Login Problems - Anyone Else Having This?

Boring but essential stuff about broken links etc.

Login Problems - Anyone Else Having This?

Postby messybear » 10 Aug 2011, 17:34

I've been running IE8 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit for about a year and logging into Splosh forum and being "remembered" by the system.

About 3 weeks ago, I was prompted to login. I typed my userid and password, checked the Remember Me box, hit login and instead of being logged in, I was offered another login screen, with username and password on two lines.
Thinking I had mistyped my userid or password, I tried again several times with the same result. I don't get any error messages.

I tried logging on using my old XP desktop PC, and to my surprise the logon worked.

I contacted Bill who reset my username so that I could re-register to see if it cleared the problem. I re-registered but still can't logon from my Windows 7 laptop.

It seems as if the logon and password are reaching the server because after I hit Login, the screen refreshes and I'm presented with the second login screen.

A virus scan of my laptop gives no errors/viruses.

Bill passed my emails about the problem to Muckypup who suggested that I use another browser such as IE9 or Chrome; Microsoft have been prompting me to download IE9 so I did, but exactly the same problem, I can't login from my Win7 machine.

I've written this message whilst logged in from my old XP desktop, spookily I can log in from my wife's laptop which also runs Win7 64 bit, IE8, which tends to suggest the problem is somehow related to my laptop...

As per Mrs T, I too experience the SQL error message fairly often, and screen refreshes at login time can take easily 30 seconds.

Bill and Pup have tried to help, but have exhausted all avenues, and I really would like to login again from my laptop, so that I can finally recycle the desktop XP machine...

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? If you have and you still have the problem, unfortunately you won't be able to reply, as you won't be able to login :roll: but maybe you could do so from another PC.....

Thanks - Messybear
messybear

Re: Login Problems - Anyone Else Having This?

Postby the_dunker » 21 Aug 2011, 19:00

Just off the top of my head, do you let your browser store your passwords? I wonder if it's submitting out of date credentials to the server. Try clearing the browser cache, closing all browser windows and then accessing the forum in a new window.
Splosh-a-Girl veteran - Honey B, Scarlett, Shay Hendrix, Tori and Jess West
the_dunker

Postby chantelle » 24 Aug 2011, 10:26

I have already complained about that SQL problem and i think several others have as well.
This morning at 10.15 am i got the same message when trying to access page 2 of the Essex Mud Meet 2 thread to put on a post. At the third attempt i got through.

It cant be that at 10.15am on a Wednesday morning the server/forum is THAT busy so there has to be a problem somewhere if others are having the same thing.

Kisses

Chantelle xx

PS...And it is taking ages to load up a page and submit this post
I just love to be messy
chantelle

Postby BillShipton » 26 Aug 2011, 09:47

Messybear's problems were found to be more to do with his computer than us. This is not to say that the forum can be slow at times. However it is not slow ALL the time and generally stopping and coming back a couple of mins later sorts it out. I am not pretending this is ideal but it's the best we can offer for now. Most times it works perfectly quickly.
BillShipton

Re: Login Problems - Anyone Else Having This? - Resolved!!!!

Postby messybear » 11 Sep 2011, 20:26

Hi Messypup, Bill

I'm back online!

Thanks to an item in today's Sunday Times, "Ingear" magazine, I have found and solved the problem I was having with logging in.

Somewhere along the way, I must have (?) changed one of my IE 8 settings, which was then carried forward to IE9.

I found that one of my Add-Ons was disabled, and setting it to enabled cleared my problem.

In case anyone else has the same issue, in Internet Explorer, go to
Tools>
Manage Add-ons>
Sun Microsystems>
Java Plug-In SSV Helper>
Make sure it is set to Enabled.

I notiticed a posting from a couple of years ago from Richard, in which he wrote of similar problems to the one that I experienced.

http://www.splosh.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1654

Regards and pleased to be back - Messybear
messybear

Re: Login Problems - Anyone Else Having This? - Resolved!!!!

Postby Ronald28 » 27 Jul 2012, 10:55

messybear wrote:Hi Messypup, Bill

I'm back online!

Thanks to an item in today's Sunday Times, "Ingear" magazine, I have found and solved the problem I was having with logging in.

Somewhere along the way, I must have (?) changed one of my IE 8 settings, which was then carried forward to IE9.

I found that one of my Add-Ons was disabled, and setting it to enabled cleared my problem.

In case anyone else has the same issue, in Internet Explorer, go to
Tools>
Manage Add-ons>
Sun Microsystems>
Java Plug-In SSV Helper>
Make sure it is set to Enabled.

I notiticed a posting from a couple of years ago from Richard, in which he wrote of similar problems to the one that I experienced.

http://www.splosh.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1654

Regards and pleased to be back - Messybear

Hi Good day Messybear

I follow the instraction you give its not working in my pc its always come out with error can any one help me what exactly should i do?

click here
Thanks and Regards
Ronald28

Return to Technical Questions