now whats happening? lol

Boring but essential stuff about broken links etc.

now whats happening? lol

Postby messymercedes » 13 Nov 2007, 22:05

Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is sent to hell. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send

All i did was reply to a post :lol: :lol:
Happy when Messy
messymercedes

Re: now whats happening? lol

Postby Spinynorman and Frilly » 13 Nov 2007, 22:26

messymercedes wrote:
Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is sent to hell. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send

That's just what we have been thinking as well. :wink:
Kind regards, Spinynorman and Frilly

Still messing about after all these years!
Spinynorman and Frilly

Postby Richard » 14 Nov 2007, 00:34

Cede, I got exactly that message ages ago and was amused by the language. Trouble is, I can't remember if it was this forum or another one. I think we eventually decided that I had spent too long composing the reply and had got timed out. Apparently it comes from some Russian software that is used by several interactive websites! :lol:

ps, Found it! See the topic 'Strange Messages', further down the page. :)

Rich.
Bottoms Up!
Richard

Postby muckypup » 14 Nov 2007, 20:43

Yeah Rich is right it is a anti-spam module for the forum written by some crazy russian hacker (possibly).

I added it with the best intentions but it appears to cause more problems than it has solved so I have removed it for now. I think all the other precautions have taken care of the spam so unless we are now inundated with it I'll leave this one off!
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Postby BillShipton » 15 Nov 2007, 16:31

Yes, I am sorry if our belt-and-braces approach to banning spam may have led to some oddities (like that message if you took a long time to compose your post), but if you were removing 30 spam posts a day (as we were prior to that) you would put up with anything. Lets hope the spammers don't return.

Bill
BillShipton

Postby Richard » 16 Nov 2007, 13:36

I would certainly prefer an occasional weird message like that rather than the forum be plagued with loads of spam. I was just amused by the strange linguistics :)

Rich
Bottoms Up!
Richard

Postby muckypup » 16 Nov 2007, 23:59

Yeah I totally agree, not the most meaningful of messages :)

The other measures seem to be holding up ok so far anyway...
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Return to Technical Questions