The bug is back!

Boring but essential stuff about broken links etc.

The bug is back!

Postby andy250 » 07 Jul 2007, 20:03

Having problems getting into the site for the last week, its losing its connection all the time...

Might be a job for muckypup or driversoft.

please help.

regards

Andy
andy250

Postby BillShipton » 09 Jul 2007, 10:49

Will ask Muckypup. Driversoft doesn't work on our forum.

Bill
BillShipton

Postby andy250 » 10 Jul 2007, 12:41

Thanks Bill / muckypup its working ok now. Have just visited the gallery again.. the work going on that is superb.. Eveybody should have a quick visit, crackin way to look back at some of the photos.

regards

Andy
andy250

Postby BillShipton » 10 Jul 2007, 15:07

Incidentally, we have had words with our hosting comany about this problem and they have made changes which should improve things slightly. Beyond that, there's not much else we can do, apparently.

Bill
BillShipton

Postby muckypup » 11 Jul 2007, 18:24

As Bill says theres not a lot else we can do now :( It really depends what time of day you are on etc, infortunately if its busy you may still have problems from time to time.

Glad you enjoyed the gallery :)
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Postby dirtydids » 20 Nov 2007, 20:27

BillShipton wrote:Incidentally, we have had words with our hosting comany about this problem and they have made changes which should improve things slightly. Beyond that, there's not much else we can do, apparently.

Bill

Is it just me or are other people having trouble logging in today?

At 12.34 pm all i was getting was the previous message"Internet Explorer cannot find webpage" this lasted for a good 2 hours with repeated attempts. I then switched to Firefox and the same thing happened.

Tonight at 19.10pm i was able to access the front page with no problem whatsoever BUT every time i hit the "free Forum" button up came the message. Funnily enough the "blog" and "Galleries" opened up without any trouble.

Once in eventually i noticed there were only 10 people online.....not very many so i doubt if its a bandwidth issue.

I also get the same message when trying to sign in and clicking on any of the forum headings.

I am no computer expert but am suspecting a DNS/server error somewhere . The same message appeared when i hit "Forums" in one of the "blog" messages so that link was out as well.

As a matter of interest is this a shared server or dedicated that is being used as the former could have a lot to do with it.
I love a messy girl
dirtydids

Postby Hayley » 21 Nov 2007, 12:53

We are taking the matter up with the hosts right now. It shouldn't happen. We are happy to pay for as much bandwidth as necessary. Having said that I had no problems in the afternoon. And it's working at the moment.

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

Postby muckypup » 21 Nov 2007, 20:13

There definitely was a problem late yesterday afternoon and all night as I was having exactly the same problems and I even tried to post a message to say it was being looked at but it defeated me too.

As Hayley said it was looked into and it turns out that as we are on a shared server another site was getting hit like crazy last night due to some promotion or other and it took the whole server down :(

Hopefully it should be ok now.
muckypup

Postby andy250 » 21 Jan 2008, 21:58

The site has been a pain all day, it keeps timing out, losing connections, etc. I dont believe its the size of the pics pup as evertime I try to do anything it wont CONNECT!!!!!

This is my 5th try to leave this messsage.

regards

Andy

tad frustrated.
andy250

Postby muckypup » 22 Jan 2008, 23:22

The website was totally fine for me yesterday at the time you were posting pictures, but now its a nightmare, takes about 3 goes to get each page :(

Bill, can you have a word with the bods and see if there is anything they can do?
muckypup

Postby andy250 » 23 Jan 2008, 20:57

It seems to be inter mitanant!! (did I spell that right) today has been fine. Though I have just sent Jammed a pm, and its done the same thing. The pm has gone. Though it does not want to reconnect to the site.

The last thing I want is you to lose business due to a small problem.

regards

Andy
andy250

A site for sore eyes

Postby matt2matt2002 » 25 Jan 2008, 09:35

I log on most days and must say that the Splosh site works fast 99% of the time.

I m tempted to say 100% but that will only jinx me.
I think sex is better than logic
but I can't prove it.
matt2matt2002

Return to Technical Questions