Connection problems

Boring but essential stuff about broken links etc.

Connection problems

Postby andy250 » 09 Apr 2007, 19:20

Hi in the last couple of days when visiting the splosh board am getting a lots of page not available etc, when entering the forum. This afternoon I was adding pictures and it kept saying it could not find the thread.

Can somebody please have a look.

regards

Andy
andy250

Postby BillShipton » 10 Apr 2007, 11:01

Hi

It has been a bit sluggish and temperamental this weekend. I'll ask Muckypup to have a look but I suspect it is just temporary.

Bill
BillShipton

Postby muckypup » 10 Apr 2007, 18:17

Hmm yeah it does seem a little suggish and tempremental the last few days... can't see anything wrong, think maybe its just something up with the place that its hosted. Hopefully its temporary.

It wasnt me!!! :lol: Maybe its just everyone downloading stuff from the free house ;)
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Postby dirtydids » 10 Apr 2007, 18:27

Tuesday 10th April @ 18.23pm uk time i tried 7 times to login before success.

The page : INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THE WEBPAGE kept coming up.

Could this possibly be a timeout as it was hanging for around 20 seconds before this message came up. However other sites have in the past been slower than this yet still opened eventually.

It has also happened several times whilst i have been loading pictures, :cry: and had to start again.

Dids
I love a messy girl
dirtydids

Postby BillShipton » 10 Apr 2007, 19:03

Well this weekend we did tell everyone on UMD about the big update on the Free House so I am guessing we had a LOT of downloads from there which might have slowed everything up.

Sorry about the inconvenience. It seems to be okay as I write this

Bill
BillShipton

Postby andy250 » 10 Apr 2007, 19:38

Still doing it now Bill, been trying to get in for 5 mins with same message as dids was getting. Bit of challenge for Muckypup this, will he suceed!! will the universe be a safer place!!!!.

Thanks for taking a look.

regards

Andy

(had to do an edit, wrote Fids!! instead of Dids!! now can't even type.)
andy250

Postby andy250 » 10 Apr 2007, 19:59

It wouldn't even let me back in here!!!! I've noticed people seem to putting the same replys up twice. This is due to the message Dids was talking about earlier. You cannot tell you have replied so end duplicating your post.

I have deleted the one's have duplicated during this session to save Hayley any problems later.

Sorry if sound like I am being a pain but tonight it was awful.

regards

Andy
andy250

Postby andy250 » 13 Apr 2007, 20:20

time 20:20 gmt eveything seems to be fixed. Thanks to who ever sorted.

regards

Andy
andy250

Postby wamram » 23 Apr 2007, 21:07

dirtydids wrote:
The page : INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THE WEBPAGE kept coming up.

Been getting this a lot today tried about 6 times before i could upload some photos :? :?
wamram

Postby muckypup » 24 Apr 2007, 21:00

Not too sure what can be done to resolve this, it just seems to happen at busy times of day :( If we can get hold of the guy who looks after the hosting it might be possible to change some settings but otherwise you might have to refresh a few times when its busy :(
muckypup

Postby Richard » 30 Apr 2007, 20:45

Although I tick the box to say 'remember me', and usually it does; occasionally I am required to log in again. Not a major inconvenience but I just wondered why?
Bottoms Up!
Richard

Postby Hayley » 30 Apr 2007, 23:26

Really, Sotonude? I've never had that one.

My problem is that I keep clicking "remember me" on every computer I use so one day there might be a lot of posts from "me" I've never seen!

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

Postby Mike Nomic » 01 May 2007, 22:36

sotonude wrote:Although I tick the box to say 'remember me', and usually it does; occasionally I am required to log in again. Not a major inconvenience but I just wondered why?

I'm set to log in automatically when I visit, but if I get the 'can't display' page when selecting the forum page, then when it does eventually let me in, I'm not logged in, and have to log in and tell it again to log me in automatically.
Normality is subjective!
Mike Nomic

Fetlife: Mike Nomic
UMD: Mike Nomic

Postby muckypup » 04 May 2007, 18:13

Mike Nomic wrote:
sotonude wrote:Although I tick the box to say 'remember me', and usually it does; occasionally I am required to log in again. Not a major inconvenience but I just wondered why?

I'm set to log in automatically when I visit, but if I get the 'can't display' page when selecting the forum page, then when it does eventually let me in, I'm not logged in, and have to log in and tell it again to log me in automatically.

Yep, it happens to me too from time to time :( I think its a bug in the forum, something to do with the cookies and sessions that it manages getting screwed up when the page does load properly.

I've tried "optimising" the database tables today so see whether that helps the speed of the forum. It seems faster to me but that might just be because its quite or just wishful thinking :)
muckypup

Postby Richard » 02 Apr 2008, 00:42

It's becoming almost impossible to use the forum lately. I keep getting the 'IE is unable to display etc.' then if I press the refresh button I get the same message and it frequently requires me to log in again and then the whole process starts over. I have noticed several double, triple and quadruple posts so others are obviously having the same problems. It now takes so long to view all the new posts that it isn't worth the trouble!
Bottoms Up!
Richard

Next

Return to Technical Questions