Strange Messages

Boring but essential stuff about broken links etc.

Strange Messages

Postby Richard » 09 Apr 2007, 00:08

While sending an innocent and, I thought, helpful response to a topic on the Forum, I got this message:

Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is sent to hell. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".

What is going on? Look at the 'English' :roll: language!
I always preview my messages and there was nothing wrong with what I had written.
Bottoms Up!
Richard

Postby muckypup » 09 Apr 2007, 11:59

I just did a quick google of that error message and some other people on other boards have got that too. Apparently it happens if you take a long time writing your reply. Did you manage to resurect your post from hell?
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Postby Richard » 09 Apr 2007, 16:20

Yes thanks, I got it back OK and successfully reposted it. I had already gathered that I had taken rather a long time to post; I'd been messing about with the preview feature and refining the message.

It was the peculiar language used that amused & intrigued me!

Richard
Bottoms Up!
Richard

Postby muckypup » 10 Apr 2007, 18:09

FYI I may have lied about the error message, I think it actually happens when you click submit very soon after the page loads, either you click preview and then submit very fast, or maybe if you click submit twice.

Its actually from an anti spam program (written by a Russian hence the didgy grammar) which rejects posts if they are submitted too quickly. I'll have to see if it causes people too many problems.
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Postby DungeonMasterOne » 11 Apr 2007, 21:14

Your message is sent to hell.

I like that! If only we could send all spammers to the same place.... :D
- DungeonMasterOne
- http://www.gungemaster.com - Visit Saturation Hall, the UK's messiest stately home!
- by my hand and seal, as Lady Jasmine commands.
DungeonMasterOne

Return to Technical Questions