Claire and Emma's swimming pool race wearing boots

Stories and longer posts you might want to read again and again

Claire and Emma's swimming pool race wearing boots

Postby chargehand » 31 Oct 2011, 19:04

It was getting late in the evening, and Claire was coming towards the end of her shift at the local swimming pool. The pool cleaner was off sick, so Claire was doing his job for today. She had just finished making sure the pool was clean and ready for the swimmers the next day. She was wearing her favourite pair of turquoise Hunter rubber boots, to keep her feet dry, and also a green vest top and jeans.

Claire was about to leave when her friend Emma arrived, wearing a nice pair of black patent leather knee high boots, very shiny and with high heels; and also a pair of tight jeans and a thin yellow and black top.

The pictures below show exactly the kind of boots the two girls were wearing.

"Hi Claire" said Emma, "Hope you don't mind, I was walking past the swimming pool on my way home, thought I'd come in and see how your job's going".

Claire replied: "Well, I've just finished, the pool's all clean. Love your boots by the way".

"Thanks, I bought them today. I saw how shiny they looked, so I just had to buy them. You rubber boots are nice too, I love the colour" said Emma.

"Thankyou" replied Claire, "They have kept my feet nice and dry. Well, it's time for me to lock up and go home. Unless..."

"...Unless we stay and have some fun!" replied Emma.

"Any ideas what we can do this time?" asked Claire.

Emma replied: "Let's have a race, see who's the best swimmer, four lengths of the pool, with our clothes on, and our boots as well, of course!".

"Yes ok then, I bet I can win! No cheating- remember we have to keep our boots on - if they come off, we lose!" said Claire.

"Ok" said Emma, "Let's go!".

Both girls walked down the steps, into the shallow end of the pool. Emma's shiny black boots had 4-inch heels and she nearly slipped down the steps, but she managed not to fall over. The girls walked into the pool, and it got deeper. The girls stopped walking when the water got to almost the same height as their boots.

"I love it when the water goes over the top of my boots, floods them, and the water makes my feet wet" said Emma.

"Me too" said Claire "My rubber boots have kept my feet totally dry so far".

Both girls walked in a little deeper.

The water reached the tops of Emma's tight knee-length boots and she could feel the warm water slowly trickle inside them.

At the same time, the water reached the tops of Claire's rubber boots, and she felt the warm water enter and soak her socks inside.

Both girls walked in deeper, so the water was up to their waists.

"My rubber boots are totally full with water now" said Claire, "They feel quite heavy, hope I can swim in them".

Emma replied: "My boots are tight, but the water's gone all the way inside now".

"Ok, let's start the race" said Claire, "Four lengths of the pool, swimming with our boots on. Don't forget, if we take our boots off, or they fall off, we lose the race".

"Ok, let's go!" replied Emma.

Both girls started swimming simultaneously, heading towards the deep end.

Claire got off to a good start. She could feel her turquoise rubber boots, full of water, feeling heavy on her feet. They were designed to keep the water out, certainly not to be full of it, and with every kick of her legs, she could feel her boots, feeling heavy, and it was hard for her to bend her ankles inside them whilst swimming. But she was trying her best to swim as fast as she could, towards the deep end. Her jeans weren't making things easier.

Emma got off to a good start too. Her jeans were so tight and not easy to swim in. And her shiny black knee-high boots added to the problem. She was swimming, kicking away, and she could feel the boots on her feet, full of water, not feeling as heavy as Claire's, but still they were making it harder for her to swim in.

Claire reached the deep end. That was one length. She stopped, turned around, and started swimming towards the other end of the pool. She was kicking her legs away, rubber boots on her feet, she could feel the water tugging at her boots as she swam. She was hoping her boots wouldn't fall off, or else she would lose the race.

Emma had completed a length of the pool too and was swimming back towards the other end of the pool. She could see that Claire was slightly ahead of her. Emma's jeans were incredibly tight and she wished she had wore looser ones. She was swimming away, her shiny black boots full of water. She too was hoping her boots wouldn't fall off. But her boots were tight, and so she felt confident they would stay on.

Claire was heading towards the end of the pool, swimming as fast as she could. She felt exhausted. It was her rubber boots: they were so dificullt to swim in. But at least she was slightly ahead of Emma. And the chlorine in the water was making her eyes sting. She reached the shallow end of the pool and had to stop for a rest.

Emma too was tired out and she reached Claire a few seconds later and joined her and they both sat on the steps at the shallow end of the pool.

"I'm exhausted and my eyes sting!" exclaimed Emma.

"Me too" replied Claire, "Let's make it easier for ourselves, let's take some of our clothes off, but remember we must keep our boots on!".

Claire removed her green vest top. She was wearing a light blue TYR competition swimsuit beneath. She unbuttoned her waterlogged jeans, and pulled the legs of her jeans up out of her boots, then slid her jeans off, down over her boots. She was left wearing just her lycra swimsuit and her water-filled turquoise rubber boots.

Emma took her top off and she too was wearing a TYR competition swimsuit, a black one, extremely tight. She undid her jeans, and took them off. She was left wearing just her black swimsuit and her very wet shiny black knee-high boots with their high heels.

Both girls looked at each other and couldn't believe they had both chosen to wear a swimsuit beneath their clothes.

Both girls put a pair of goggles on.

"Right" said Claire, "Two more lengths to go. We should find it easier now with our jeans off and with goggles on".

Emma replied: "Ok, but remember we have to keep our boots on. We can't take them off, and if they fall off, we lose".

Claire started swimming again, wearing her goggles, blue swimsuit, and of course her turquoise rubber boots.

Emma started swimming at the same time too, wearing her goggles, tight black swimsuit and her shiny black boots.

Claire was swimming as fast as she could, her backless TYR swimsuit making it much easier to swim than with jeans on. But her rubber boots were totally filled with water and feeling so heavy. She was hoping her boots would stay on. They felt so heavy. But they were still on.

Emma was just behind her friend, she too was finding it much easier to swim now with her lycra swimsuit on. And the goggles stopped her eyes stinging. She was swimming as hard as she could, her shiny black boots filled with water and feeling a bit heavy. She too was hoping that her boots wouldn't fall off, but she was confident they would stay on. They were tight.

Claire was swimming harder than ever. Everything was going ok, then all of a sudden she could feel that her left boot had ever so slightly started to come off, just a bit. A couple of seconds later, she could detect her other boot slightly starting to fall off. She knew from experience that once boots start to fall off when swimming, it's only a matter of time before they totally fall off.

Emma's shiny black boots were still totally on, they were tight. She thought to herself that she had the advantage over Claire. She doubted she would lose her own boots. She had no socks on underneath her boots too, and she knew that would further help to keep them on. But they weren't easy at all to swim in. Emma was trying her best but Claire was still ahead of her.

Claire had almost completed the third lap of the pool. She was swimming as hard as she could. She felt both her rubber fall off a tiny bit more. They were so heavy, and as she kicked her legs, she could feel the water pulling at her boots, trying to pull them off. She thought to herself: "I hope I can keep my boots on for the final lap, I'm still just ahead of Emma, I just don't want to lose my boots".

Emma had now competed the third lap. With her goggles on, she could see Claire just in front of her, and she could see that Claire's boots were falling off. Luckily, her own boots were still totally on. She just wished she could swim ahead of Claire, but Claire seemed a slightly stronger swimmer.

Claire had half a lap to go to the finish. She was swimming hard, with her blue swimsuit on. Her rubber boots had by now both fallen halfway off her legs. "I think my boots are going to fall off" she thought to herself, "Hope I reach the finish before they both totally come off".

Emma still needed to get ahead of her friend. She could see Claire just in front of her, swimming hard. Emma could see that Claire's rubber boots had almost fallen off. "Just a few more seconds and Claire's boots are going to fall off, then I automatically win!" thought Emma to herself. But Emma was going to take no risks. She decided to use all her energy and see if she could swim ahead of Claire. With one final burst of energy, Emma swam harder than ever, kicking her legs ferociously, the water tugging at her shiny black boots.

Claire was very nearly at the end of the race. She knew her rubber boots were probably going to fall off. She was just hoping she could reach the finish and they would somehow have just about managed to stay on. She swam a little bit more. Then the inevitable happened. Her left boot totally fell off. Then almost immediately, her right boot fell off, and revealed her short white socks. Both rubber boots floated to the bottom of the pool. A few seconds later, Claire reached the end of the pool. She felt disheartened that she had been ahead of Emma all the time, but had lost the race because she couldn't she had lost her boots. Claire got out of the pool wearing her blue swimsuit and short white socks, and took her goggles off.

A few seconds later, Emma reached the finish. Emma had used a final burst of energy and swam the hardest she ever had. She shouted to Claire: "I won! You were just ahead of me all the time, but your boots fell off, I saw them fall off! So it means I won!".

"Yes, unfortunately I wasn't able to keep my boots on, so yes you won" replied Claire.

Emma took her goggles off and climbed out of the pool with a smile on her face.

Suddenly, Claire's eyes were drawn towards Emma's legs.

Emma looked down at her own legs. She had bare feet.

Both girls looked at the pool and could see Emma's shiny black boots floating to the surface.

"On no!" said Emma, "My boots must have fallen off at the very end, when I swam very hard, and I didn't realise. That means we both lost the race!".

Both girls looked at each other and laughed.

Then they went home wearing just their lycra swimsuits.
Attachments
Emma.jpg
Emma.jpg (10.58 KiB) Viewed 3491 times
claire.jpg
claire.jpg (16.33 KiB) Viewed 3491 times
chargehand

Return to Reading Room