A DAY IN THE STUDIO WITH BIG_DAVE

Stories and longer posts you might want to read again and again

A DAY IN THE STUDIO WITH BIG_DAVE

Postby messyjojo » 15 Aug 2011, 21:34

Hi there! if you are reading this, I guess you have seen or heard about our new website. I thought some of you might be interested in what goes on at a messy shoot - so here's what happened on Friday 29th July 2011.
Up at stupid O'clock for a 4 hr train ride from Birkenhead to Weston Super Mare, jeez i must REALLY want to do this! Cat naps and energy drinks en route. Between Bristol and Weston, I get a phonecall from one Jonny Cornish (one half of messymeyhem, who are also shooting this weekend back near Birkenhead). He explains as he doesn't have to be at Bob's 'til this evening, he is going to give Dave a hand, seems how Dave has hardly had any sleep. This excites me greatly, meaning I can still torment him, ha ha! Anyway - I digress. I meet my fellow model for the day, Lori, and together with her good friend we attempt to find the secret location of "Gunjee UK". More energy drinks consumed!
At chez Gunjee, big hugs all round, polish head of cornish one and given quick tour of facilities ( v nice!) before deciding what games, scenarios we are going to do. Dave also apologises for state of studio, due to previous weekends shenanigans (the drunken night with Moomins and Stace from Oz) and him not getting round to finishing the cleaning.
Whilst changing (no peeking, now) Lori and I get on like a house on fire and cannot stop giggling, We are sooo excited at the coming prospect of getting messy - also this was Lori's 1st WAM experience - needless to say I was a little worried what she would think of it all. So 1st game decided - gunge loaded in the tank, so pretty in pink! All 80 ltrs - believe me, that's a lorra lorra gunge!! After playing in the mess and having oodles of fun, a dilema arises - who the hell do we get to the showers without slipping (floor is now like a skating rink) "Just shuffle on your bum" says Dave - cue "every day I'm shuffling" , quips about leaving slime trails like a snail and me doing the "rowing boat dance" to accompany Oops up side your head (which no-one else claims to remeber coz I am old, apparently!!!) After showering, we are advised to take a non slippy route back, but guess who forgot?? Out I swan - then BAM!!!! over she goes and hits the deck, and thus indoctrinated into the WAM model fraternity by slipping & falling on my arse - all dignity lost ha ha!
After that little break in proceedings, we have a go with the pies, again Lori loves it, just as well really as she copped most of them! Then we were allowed to pla with the Play Doh - I got a little too carried away with sniffing the stuff, but it smells so wonderful - mmmmmmmm. We made animals and got bonus for "rude" appendages....I'll leave that to your imagination until that download is released *giggles* Finally we have a quick fire quizz, and cornish takes great delight in gunging us both with buckets green slime - too much, for my liking Basically, we were both crap at the quizz, but it is so hard to concentrate when a madman is high above you with a bucket of doom poised, and when you are totally obliterated with green goo, you can't help yourself but just laugh.......
....And that is the best memory of the day - just laughing so much my face and sides ached, even when I slipped I was bloody laughing. A surefire cure for the blues - gunge n pies! After such a fab day, I was left with only 1 dilema - my wet clothes. As such, my hotel bathroom looked like a chinese laundry, with clothes hanging off every availabe hook, ledge etc lol! All that was left to do was say bye to Jonny and Lori as they headed off into the distance, and cadge a lift to my digs in Dave's van with a whistle stop tour of W-S-M, before crashing out and eating fish n chips on the prom. Needless to say I slept like a log before the long journey home, taken with a big silly grin on my face........wonder why????? :D
Attachments
IMG00142-20110729-1201.jpg
IMG00142-20110729-1201.jpg (439.88 KiB) Viewed 3833 times
luv and pies
x Jo
messyjojo

Return to Reading Room