Tonight's stormy weather

Stories and longer posts you might want to read again and again

Tonight's stormy weather

Postby smittybill53 » 04 Jun 2008, 07:49

After coming home from the pub, amidst the rainy drizzle, I decided I might as well have a muddy session in the impromptu mud pit I'd used in the front yard before. While surfin' the web the sound of the rain continued to become more and more steady, turning into a downpour. I halted reading some boring email and tried to come up with clothes to sneak out of the house with and get messed in. I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans, a dark long sleeved shirt and a black hat. Footwear was just gonna be a pair of tight fitting pull on knee high wellies. After taking a pause to make sure I could clean up before re-entering the house and my room, I opened the window to silence. The rain had abated for the moment. Climbing out the window to the ground I went straight for the mud pit, carefully avoiding the lights of oncoming cars. Having been dry around here the amount of water in the pit finally had receded to the level of just allowing a fine slurry to be mixed of the ground in the lowest area of the front yard. Using the heel of my boots I was able to mix the water that remained with the mud from underneath leaving a consistency equal to a wet rice pudding. Unfortunately I started having second thoughts since the rain still wasn't happening and getting really muddy without a clean off solution is a problem with others sleeping in the house, plus the smell was more swamp like than I'm used too and surly didn't want to re-enter the house smelling poorly. Just about when I was ready to call it quits the dark skies opened up. Hmm, I thought, maybe I'll just get soaked instead. The rain was coming down at such a rate that the gutters on the house were overflowing, causing a nice waterfall off the roof near my room. Ding, ding, ding! The light went off in my head, there's the clean off solution for a muddy session. Back to the pit I went. Kicking my boots into the slurry, mud sprayed up onto my now damp jeans. I took the time to just kneel down, feeling the trickle of wetness soak into my jeans and run down inside my boots. I quickly turned over from kneeling to sitting in the mud pit with legs outstretched, a gray shadow of the formerly black wellies and dark blue jeans. I played in the pit for a bit while the rain continued to come down in cats and dogs. Fearing the rain might end before I cleaned up I got up, and slowly walked to the gutter shower, relishing the feeling of the mud and water sluicing from my jeans to pool in my boots. With the rain still just deluging the yard and house the gutter-fall was most certainly going to be a breeze to clean up under. Having already been soaked by the rain and the mud, the water flowing off the roof wasn't too cold. I stuck my right leg under the flow and felt the cold run right down my leg and filling my boot to the brim. I took the time to fill my left one as well before making the effort to rinse the mud from my jeans. After filling and then emptying my boots a few times I just stood there under this waterfall feeling the water hit my hat then splash onto my shoulders and flow down my soaked shirt in a cool refreshing way, down my jeans and finally into my wellies. Turning my back to the water, the cool flow ran down my back and by pulling my waist of my jeans out, a cool torrent ran over my backside, mmmm, that felt great, but my front was warming up a bit too much. I turned around letting the water hit my stomach and flowing down the front of my pants, what a rush, the cool water just hit the spot :oops:. Sitting down in the front grass it was interesting to notice the sheen on my jeans and boots from being so wet. Finishing off I lifted my legs to let the water that collected in my boots to run out and down my legs to my backside, again what a nice cooling feeling that is. I can't wait tiil the next time we get down pours like this. I only hope it'll happen when no one is home, makes for a messier time that is easier to clean up after :twisted:.

Cheers,
till next time.
smittybill53

Return to Reading Room