Barefoot Jenny and the Case of the Blue Detective

Stories and longer posts you might want to read again and again

Barefoot Jenny and the Case of the Blue Detective

Postby dougiezerts » 16 Jun 2006, 02:57

An eccentric artist named James McWilliams hired me to check out some missing money of his. I went out to his house. He, himself, answered the door.
"You're early--good. Come with me."
He led me to his studio. There were bottles of spray paint all around.
"Stand in the middle. Oh, take your shoes off. You can put your purse beside them."
I was a little surprised, but I obeyed. He picked up one of the bottle, went over to me--and spritzed it on me! I backed away, but not before some of it got on my shoulder.
"Hey, what the hell are you doing?" I yelled.
"Didn't I tell you what I was going to do?
"Yea, find some missing money for you."
This shocked him. "Oh, no! Are you Barefoot Jenny?"
"Yea."
"Oh, my God! I thought you were my model! I'm so sorry!
"YOU IDIOT!"
"May I make a proposal? Since I already got some paint on you, may I continue? I'll pay you double my usual model's fee, plus I'll go ahead and hire you to find the money."
"Well. . . but why are you doing this, anyway?"
"It's a project I'm doing where I'm painting people with their clothes on. I'll be taking photos of you, afterwards."
"All right. Let's get this over with!"
So he started his work in earnest. He used four bottles on me, all with blue paint. He painted every part of me, even my face, hair, and feet. Sometimes he had me rub the paint in.
His real model came by, but he told her to leave.
After he finished, he took the photos, as promised. When this was done, I took a shower--with my painted clothes on!--and he gave me some clothes he normally had models wear.

The missing money was no big deal; one of his models did it. I made $1000 off of him. One of his photos of me ended up in a gallery. It was called, "The Blue Detective." And believe it, or not, we're now friends!
If you wanna feel extasy
You've got to get down and dirty!
Get into the mudbeat!
dougiezerts

Return to Reading Room