Greenwood Rivalry Chapter 2 - Savannah's Audition

Stories and longer posts you might want to read again and again

Greenwood Rivalry Chapter 2 - Savannah's Audition

Postby whiteunicorn » 07 Sep 2021, 15:24

Cautiously Savannah poked her head out of the main entrance to the dorm block, willing her beating heart to slow down. Okay, so she had made it from her room to here without being seen. But that was the easy bit. Now she had to make her way fully across the campus to where the Glee Club was having its auditions. Surely a distance she was unable to cross without someone seeing her.

Still, she had come this far. So with more than a little trepidation, Savannah took the first step out of the dorm. Not that the second step was any easier. Or the third. Each time her foot hit the ground, she expected to hear someone call out to her with some cruel or teasing reference to her hideous trashing at the Freshers Fare which surely the whole campus knew about by now. Yet somehow Savannah made it all the way across campus and to the relative safety of the auditorium that was her destination without attracting so much as a glance. Something she could only put down to the fact that the most attention had only focused on her after the first two pies had hit. Given that she probably looked completely different with her freshly showered hair and change of clothes, maybe she could actually get away without being recognised.

'I wish I had time to do something with my hair.' Savvanah sighed ruefully, catching sight of her reflection in the tinted doors of the auditorium; her fingers hastily brushing it into something approaching straight. 'Here I am, going to see Peter again and I look like a scarecrow.'

That thought alone might have been enough to have her turn back had she not heard Veronica's voice rise unbidden in her head. 'You look gorgeous girl. Now, get in there.'

Buoyed up on a wave of courage, Savannah did just that before she could change her mind. Her footsteps echoed around the wide and empty atrium of the auditorium as she cast around for some sign as where she was meant to go next, her eyes quickly falling on a helpfully placed notice. 'Glee Club tryouts Silverlock Hall.' Savannah read aloud. 'So..there must be a floor plan or..ah...Silverlock Hall. Second Floor. So..this way.'

Those words echoed around Savannah as much as her renewed footfalls, the timid teen hastily making her way upstairs, her ears straining for the sound that she wasn't alone here. That was what she dreaded most of all, that if she got upstairs and found a crowd of people waiting outside the Hall her insecurities would return full force and most likely send her scurrying back to her dorm.

Savannah drew in a shaky breath the second before she crested the top of the stairs, only to release it in an exhalation of pure relief to find the doors of the Hall before her and thankfully crowd free. So it was only with the scantest sliver of trepidation that Savannah advanced on the closed doors, risking a peek though one of the round windows. To her increasing relief, their were only three people inside, one of whom was Peter. Thankfully the cute canine stood with his back to her, chatting animatedly with the two girls seated on the first row of seats that matched the other rows rising high above the stage he was leaning on.

Her heart pounding, Savannah screwed up all her courage to reach out and push open the door before her. Yet despite all her courageous will, some little dark spark of doubt held her palm back from the last inch she needed. Her body wanted to go in, but her mind as it had a habit of doing rebelled with little treasonous thoughts and fears Savannah could do nothing to shut out. You could do something else. You won't fit in. Just wait a bit longer, go in after someone else. Do you really want to do this? Surely something less public would be better. What if they don't like how you sing? What if you can't sing. Let them start then slip in when no one is watching you.

'Hey there. Coming along to try out?' Savannah hadn't heard the footsteps behind her and now found herself face to face with the young woman watching her from a few paces away. With a delicate face framed by very short black hair she could have looked stern had it not been for her warm chestnut eyes still fixed upon Savannah.

'Oh..yes.' Savannah squeaked, her nervous honesty overtaking the part of her now screaming at her to just leave. 'I was thinking about it.'

'Well..you cant do it out here. Come on in. I'll introduce you to the others.'

Now on the verge of nervous bordering on panic, Savannah couldn't quite find the words to say no as with an arm draped around her shoulders the new girl led her inside.

'Jeez, Jackie. You have got to stop adopting strays.' That comment came from the redhead lying at her ease along a trio of chairs like she didn't have a care in the world, her reclined position pulling her button down shirt revealingly tight around her full chest. Likewise her shorts hugged her nicely rounded hips, this latter item of clothing so tight that any position would hold them so close against her skin.

'Come on, Emily.' The newly named Jackie chided. 'I could have just found our new star member. So try not to be mean off the bat. You'll scare her off. Or did you already scare the other newbies off?'

'What others?' Emily sighed, flicking a lock of her scarlet hair in obvious annoyance. 'Even by our standards, this turn out has been pretty poor.'

Savannah's face fell instantly, her head hanging to enhance the sudden droop of her self conscious pout, an involuntary expression that wasn't missed by Jackie if the way she rested a hand on her shoulder was anything to go by. Still, as quick as that soothing gesture was, it wasn't quick enough to head off the growing tit for tat spat.

'It's early yet.' The blonde seated properly a few chairs down replied, somehow carrying off the aura of cutely understated sexiness even wearing a loose sweater that kept her curves hidden that Savannah struggled to achieve despite her best efforts. 'Don't be such a downer Em.'

'I'm not.' Emily replied. 'I'm being a realist Dolly.'

'Actually, you are both being rude.' Jackie sighed. 'Sorry sweetie. Don't mind them. I'm Jackie by the way. And that's Peter. Peter, this is..'

'Savannah.' The canine smiled brightly even as Savannah thought she caught a hint of a blush under his welcoming smile. 'We've met already. I was the one who convinced her to come along.'

'Oh. So this is girl you mentioned?' That simple phrase sent Savannah into knot of panic, her shoulders instantly tensing and her stomach squirming as she wondered just what he had mentioned. 'You should have said. Then again, you always did go shy around a pretty face.'

Still reeling from the squirming emotion from a moment ago, Savannah now found her emotions swinging wildly the other way, a different sort of panic flooding her already stressed system, one that had her all hot and almost on the verge of swooning. Yet she couldn't deny the little spark of joy that just maybe he thought she was pretty.

'I'm not going shy.' Peter said, his ears flattened against his head in a gesture that Savannah would soon come to learn meant he was embarrassed.

'Great. They why don't you show Savannah the music we picked out, see if there is a song she likes in there somewhere.'

-----------------------------

Outside the auditorium and completely unnoticed by the flustered Savannah stood two girls leaning with feigned casualness against the wall opposite the door she had hastily slipped inside, both of them watching the timid teen with equally snide appraising gazes.

'Hardly a great turn out is it?' Olive sighed slowly, flicking her freshly dyed green hair that she was already growing bored with over her shoulder. Not exactly well endowed or at least not as much as she like in the boob department, Olive made up for her supposed shortcomings by standing out as much as possible. Something that her black shirt and jeans dotted with polished metal studs that caught and reflected the light with even the slightest movement did just perfectly. Her very rang Jade hair did too but that was just the last bottle of dye she had in the bathroom and didn't exactly ring true with the OTT mood she wanted to project. Still, it beat plain brown any day. 'Just one little twerp coming along to try out.'

'Does it matter?' Kylie asked. Where as Olive tried to always make an effort to stand out, Kylie was content with keeping her appearance low key. Not that exactly blended in, with her shimmering blonde hair, piercing blue eyes and athletically toned body most celebrities would have killed for, Kylie easily drew attention in a crowd. Which might have bothered Olive had her friend actually fed off or sought out that attention. But she didn't, purely content to know she looked good rather than seek out its effect on others, leaving Olive to claim the limelight. For neither Olive or Kylie were the vapid bimbos they could easily have been taken for, the pair equally matched in beauty, brains and a shared drive that was truly a sight to behold when directed against someone who dared to stand in their way. 'Once we are done here, this will be the end of their little club. It's all set right? The cameras I hope. I'd hate to miss a second of this.'

'It's set.' Olive confirmed with a evil grin. 'Freya and Katy did a great job. Sure, it was difficult getting the buckets filled up without spilling any. But now all we have to do is get backstage so we can be there for the right moment. You've got that sorted, right?'

'Of course.' Kylie's grin was equally wicked. 'Follow me.'

-----------------------

'I..can't let you backstage now. It's...just..I can't. I..know I gave you the keys yesterday..but..there are people around today..and if they see you..then...'

'Derek..Derek Derek.' Kylie shushed the gabbling first year student who would have suffered from his trademark dorkiness even in the most expensive Calvin Kline suit on the market. 'Derek..sweetie...remember what we discussed..what you promised. A young man should always keep his promise. After all, I'm going to keep mine. If you let us backstage, then you get to hang out with me tonight. And I am looking forward to seeing you tonight. Allll of you. And I know you want to see more of me. In more ways than one. So..be a dear and let us in.'

'We...well..' Derek shifted slowly, no doubt nursing one huge hard on in his pants right now. 'Alright. I'm sure it will be okay. As you said..I did promise.'

'Good boy.' Kylie beamed wildly as with a clack Derek unlocked the door he had almost been guarding for the past few minutes. 'Knew I count on you. So..I'll see you tonight sweetheart. Mwah.'

Turning her back on the widely grinning Derek Kylie eased the door shut only to turn to meet a state from her friend. 'You aren't really going to let him come round to your place are you?'

'Why not?' Kylie's grin only grew. 'He's cute, in a puppy dog kinda way. And who knows, the puppy could be a stud if you take my drift. If not, well..I can sort him. But later..we have someone else to sort out.'

-------------------------

Unaware of any of this, Savannah nervously moved to the centre of the stage, each step feeling like walking a mile. In lead boots. Her hands, suddenly slick with sweat hung limp at her sides, in contrast with her urge to bury her hands in them and just run. But part of her, a little voice inside, said she had run enough today and it was that voice she was clinging too.

'Ready?' Jackie called out from in front of the stage and, after getting a trembling nod from Savannah, motioned for Peter to start the music.

The very second the first notes of 'Born this way' flooded the stage with the rhythm and melody Savannah knew so well, time seemed to slow to a crawl. Even as her mind raced at lightning speed, dancing with half formed fears about missing the timing or forgetting the lyrics or finding her voice had seized up altogether. Yet somehow, amidst the fear, some deep instinct took over and even though the first word was croaky Savannah launched into song.

It doesn't matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M
Just put your paws up 'cause you were born this way, baby
My mama told me when I was young
We are all born superstars

She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on
In the glass of her boudoir

"There's nothing wrong with loving who you are"
She said, "'Cause he made you perfect, babe"
"So hold your head up girl and you'll go far,
Listen to me when I say"

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way (Born this way)

Oh there ain't no other way
Baby I was born this way
Baby I was born this way
Oh there ain't no other way
Baby I was born this way

As the music faded and Savannah allowed her attention to drift back to the now, it was to see with a rush of fresh panic that all four of her would be groupmates were staring in utter silence. Silence that Savannah broke with an almost choked sob. 'I'm sorry. I'll go...that was...'

'....amazing? Stupendous? Virtuoso?' Dolly asked. 'Cause it was. Sure, you kinda had to get into it but damn that was good.'

'Really?' Savannah asked cautiously, unsure if this wasn't false praise with some kind of trick involved.'

'Really.' Jackie joined in. 'You were great. We'd really love to have you join the club. So..what do you say?'

'I..I..ye..yeeeeek.' Savannah never got to finish her sentence as she was suddenly, viscously and utterly obliterated by a stream of something equal parts disgustingly yellow and horribly clear slime. The origin of said slime Savannah was in no fit state to contemplate, the poor teen frozen where she stood, blinded by the slop dragging her hair over her eyes to only add to the effect of the slimy curtain even now sweeping over her face. To say nothing of dripping over her shoulders and down her arms in icky sticky rivulets that made her shudder with each clammy touch, the excess already pooling in a growing pool around her feet.

Savannah wasn't the only one frozen either, the four spectators to this messy spectacle spellbound by shock, confusion and, in one case, secretly private delight. No matter the reason all four just sat and stared at the eggy mess pouring dripping over and from the helpless Savannah.

Jackie was the first to break out of that stupor, almost instinctively following the path of the gushing deluge that had no reduced to little more than a few trickles, her eyes locking onto the now upended bucket swinging lazily from the lighting rigging above. And the upright one suspended next to it.

'Savannah. Get out of there. There's another one.' Jackie called, her shout snapping the frozen teen out of her stupor. Sadly fresh panic and a egg slicked floor don't go hand in hand as Savannah found out, her sneakers barely holding any traction as she darted forward; her sudden headlong motion plunging her into an uncontrollable skid that dumped her unceremoniously on her butt. And right into the path of the second upended bucket load of eggs, this new downpour of clammy muck splattering into and over her lap, pooling in the folds of dress to create a claggy pool of yokey white before rising to add to the sticky goo still dripping from her ruined hair.

Unsure which way to move, her dress and head already drenched in what felt like gallons of egg, Savannah really could do nothing as more and more of the slippery gunk seeped into her clothing as much as it glided over her, the thin fabric already stuck to her body like a second skin.

'Okay. Who's up there?' Dolly snarled.

'I dunno. But they are so gonna get it when I catch them.' Emily retorted softly before raising her voice to a confrontational volume. 'You guys think you are so funny don't ya? Is that it? Got any more funny stuff you wanna try dropping down here before I come up and kick your asses?'

'Uhhh...Emily..maybe you shouldn't taunt them.' Dolly suggested. A point that Savannah heartily agreed upon. Sadly her agreement couldn't exactly take it back, or do anything to protect the
thoroughly egged cute from the off white mass that poured neatly over her head. Far too thick to splash or splatter, there was nowhere else for it to go except all over her head in an equal slow spread right from the point of impact.

That's the thing about mayonnaise, it's not very liquid and doesn't pour very easily. Something Savannah was finding out first hand as the richly eggy smelling sauce enveloped her head utterly. As thick and heavy as it was, there really was no salvation from it; the poor shivering Teen getting the full bucketload. Already her head was utterly lost to the off white mass devouring her like some alien blob, the very edges of the inexorable flow now flowing over her shoulders to claim her breasts and back alike despite the muffled cry of disgust from Savannah.

The weight of it was such that her soaked dress provided no protection whatsoever against the still pooling muck, the thin fabric blocking none of the bizarre sensations against her skin even as it continued it's torturous trek down her body.

Under the mess that even a good thirty seconds after the bucket had tipped had just now dumped the last cloying clump onto her hair with a mocking splat, Savannah was numb with shock, her body shaking more with the cold clamminess of the eggs than any pent up emotion she was sure she should have been feeling. After all, this was the second time this very day she had been utterly messed up and humiliated and she hadn't even started college proper yet. And it was that thought that might just have broken her control to send her spiralling into another fit of tears had not a gentle pair of hands swept the sticky white sauce out of her eyes to reveal all four of the club members surrounding her with genuine expressions of concern.

'Well..you've certainly made an impression.' Jackie broke the awkward silence with a grin. 'First rehearsal is tomorrow. Are you in?'

Despite herself, and her only slightly faded shock, to say nothing of imagining exactly what she must look like, Savannah broke down into a fit of the giggles; barely managing to compose herself long enough to nod before her hysterics overtook her again.
----------------

so..not the longest chapter I know and not a huge amount of mess either. But this is still a scene setting Chapter and trust me, the next one will more than make up for it. Its gonna be messy in more ways than one. Oh yes indeed, we have only just started the ball rolling here. I've got some wicked cool, and downright wicked, ideas for future chapters.

To get early access to those and help direct the content of my future writings join the growing legion of my Patreon. Or my Kofi if you'd like to support my work generally.

Stay messy.
White.

http://www.patreon.com/white66

https://ko-fi.com/peterj
whiteunicorn

UMD: White Softpaws

Return to Reading Room