The Wiccan Fete – Halloween gunging - female

Stories and longer posts you might want to read again and again

The Wiccan Fete – Halloween gunging - female

Postby whiteunicorn » 22 Jan 2021, 21:05

Aura had to admit it’s not actually that bad here. She’d always a skeptical sort, right from the moment her boss suggested in no uncertain terms she needed a vacation right along until her casual googling for a relaxed weekend away had surfaced a link to a small yet picturesque village that did look heavenly, she had also been looking for a catch. Surely the pictures were some kind of hook and the whole place was just a tourist trap by another name. Yet she had pushed down those voices and booked the trip anyway, a little more searching finding a cute Inn with rooms to spare.

And so far, she hadn’t been disappointed. True, she had only really seen the inside of the inn which was homely enough with the wooden beams and rustic decor as warm as the roaring fire in the bar area. But after a six hour drive all she had wanted to do was crash with a nice soaky bath and unwind.

She’d always been more of a night owl anyway and so after a early supper and slipped into one of the casual yet stylish outfits that had become the norm for her when relaxing, in this case a deep red crushed cotton top over smooth black trousers, both of which were tight in all the right places, yet not so short as to come across as easy.

So it was in that attire that Aura ventured forth to explore her home for the next few days, taking one glance at the outside of the inn behind her, the cute exterior even more appealing in the twilight. The dark wooden framed structure had the old world feel she had loved from the online images, right down to the angled roof and perfectly square windows.

With the inn itself standing alone just outside the village proper lit by the soft yet clear lights outside set against the white walls that lit the whole structure perfectly especially the lightly swinging sign, she wasn’t exactly going to miss it. not exactly sure where she was going, more just letting her feet lead her where they wanted to go. Which tonight meant towards the centre of the village. Not that the scenery outside it didn’t seem wonderful too but walking around the hills and woods in the pitch black seemed like a bad idea.

Besides it was Halloween and the village was, for a village of its side, in full festive swing; with a small smattering of children in a variety of costumes both modern and traditional heading from the few houses with bags already flowing to brim with sweets and treats.

Luckily the village was brightly lit enough for the cool autumn evening, the equally cool wind rustling the trees that still had s few leaves clinging to them, the road down to the inn illuminated by old yet functional gas lamps that added to the quaint atmosphere, leaving her with a string of lights to follow towards her destination. A string Aura followed with a spring in her step. She’d only seen the village centre briefly as she drove through it and was content to just take a slow stroll around, peer into the quaint craft shops and boutiques she had spied, just engage in a little frivolous fun. At least, that had been the plan. And stayed the plan until she caught sight of bustle of activity in the village green, the once empty expanse of grass transformed. How they had set up the collection of several dozens of small booths and stalls in the few hours since she arrived, Aura had no idea.

Yet there it was, the tiny fairy lights strung between each one somehow screaming festival, the warmth of the larger gas lights and the soft music and bustle of voices suddenly very tempting. Of course, Aura could have walked away and continued with her plan. But..this festival..surely this didn’t happen every day…and she would hate to think what she had missed.

So it was with an almost casual hesitation Aura strode into the centre of the green, the warmth and music quickly surrounding her as the crowd of people inside did the same.

Yet Aura couldn’t help noticing something a little odd as she strolled. While most of the people she moved through were dressed in much the same casual attire as her, she couldn’t help noticing a..similarity to the people..well..women..running the booths. Not in age or appearance, but in dress; each of them wearing the same style of black dress, loose around the legs and low cut at the chest, something the black cloak fastened with silver pentagram broach couldn’t hide.

With a start Aura realised she had been starring, a jolt of shock running through her as she met eyes with the red headed witch behind the booth selling the collection of charms and amulets before her on the black velvet. Wait..witch..where had that come from? And why did it feel like she was looking right through her?

Somewhat rattled and as much as to break that gaze, Aura hurried over to the nearest booth facing away from the red head’s, only noticing the sweet smell when she was right on top of it.

‘Sooo..what takes your fancy?’

I can think of something, that flirty phrase filled her head even if it didn’t reach her mouth. Luckily for her, she didn’t instantly want to come across as a shameless flirt to the undeniably gorgeous brunette behind the booth she had accidentally stroked towards, her long silky hair being teased by the cool autumn breeze. Nor did she want to scare her off when they could have some pleasing conversation and maybe more. ‘Something warming perhaps. My cinnamon rolls are perfect for that. I can’t believe you aren’t freezing out here.’

‘I’ve never really had a problem with the cold unless it’s really cold.’ Aura replied, glad of something to say without tripping over her tongue. That was true, she loved the cool atmosphere of this time of year rather than the sweltering city heat of summer ‘But a cinnamon bun does sound nice. Did you make these?’

‘It’s my trade. I run the best bakery in town. Even if I do say so.’ The brunette chuckled. ‘I guess I don’t look much like a baker right now hmmm?’

‘You certainly don’t see bakers so stylishly dressed back home.’ Aura agreed. ‘Or so stylish in general.’

‘I don’t exactly dress like this at work.’ Brunette replied with a soft smile. ‘Baker’s whites aren’t exactly the most stylish thing in the world.’

‘I bet you’d look stylish in anything.’ Aura replied, hoping that didn’t sound too corny. Back home she would have more confidence in her flirty banter but out here she wasn’t exactly sure how the rules worked.

‘Sweet of you to say.’ She said. ‘But I’m mostly a mess of sugar and flour when I’m arm deep in baking something.’

‘Doesn’t sound so bad.’ Aura laughed. ‘Maybe I should pop by, see what else you have on offer. Would make a good excuse to see more of the village.’ Aura let that subtle suggestion hover in the air without shoving it down her throat.

‘Well..I wouldn’t mind that.’ She said with a smile that could have been called bashful. ‘I’d love to show you around; could even show you a few things most people don’t get to see. Once I’ve got my baker’s hat on again.’

Now that was a loaded invitation, one that Aura was slightly worried she could have maybe been reading too much into. But not so worried she wasn’t going to take a punt on it.

‘As you say, you don’t look much like a baker right now. Even if you do make a darn fine witch. Enchanting you might say. Certainly the best dressed witch around. Something I wasn’t expecting to say.’ Aura allowed her another glance around her, eyeing the collection of black clad women again before her eyes came back to Harper to run over the black dress she wore and trying not to think about the body beneath and failing utterly. ‘Can’t say I was expecting to find some kind of..of Wiccan festival going on either. Is that a bad word?’

‘Nope. It works just fine.’ The brunette replied cheerfully. ‘Where are my manners. I’m Harper by the way.’

‘Aura.’ Aura replied, expecting and not entirely surprised by the reaction she got.

‘You don’t exactly look like an Aura.’ Aura couldn’t dispute that. With her deep chocolate skin, short black hair and deeper chocolate eyes she didn’t match the decidedly Arian image it conjured.

‘Well..you don’t actually look like a witch.’ Aura replied with a laugh. ‘You aren’t..are you? That’s just an outfit..right?’

‘Is it?’ Harper said mysteriously, her hand suddenly raised to flash with a burst of light that twinkled around her fingers, a flicker so fast that Aura almost convinced herself she had imagined it. ‘I guess it matters not what I say, but what you think.’

‘I see.’ Aura said, more charmed than rattled, quickly finding herself more smitten with Harper with each passing second. ‘So..you do this often?’

‘Once a year. It’s a village tradition. Well..not the fete so much as the ceremony that it’s meant to celebrate.’

‘Ceremony?’ Aura asked, unable to contain her curiosity.

‘Yeah..oh..it should be starting pretty soon. Come on..I’ll show you.’

‘You..don’t have to run your stall?’ Aura asked, very hopeful the answer to that was no. Especially when she was just starting to enjoy talking with Harper.

‘Nope. I’m down to take part anyway. Alice can take over. Besides, she drew the short straw last year.’

‘Don’t remind me.’ The young blonde who must be Alice said as she slipped behind the booth to take Harper’s place. Aura wasn’t sure what short straw meant but there was no mistaking the shudder that ran through her frame.

——————————————————-

It seemed that whatever was going on had attracted a lot of attention, a solid crowd having gathered at what seemed to be the centre of the green; a crowd that parted to allow Harper through almost reverentially, Aura following slightly uncomfortably in her wake.

Yet not as much as when she saw what the crowd had gathered around; the tall plastic box upon a raised platform, the solidly built black metal frame holding together the three separate panels and heavy door currently latched shut with a heavy bolt filling her gaze before she even saw the tub or tank affixed to the top, one that she hoped was simply lined with a black plastic inner. Or the dark strained wooden chair in the centre which would place anyone inside directly under the tank.

A hope that was dashed as another blonde in the same outfit as Harper clambered up a ladder at the rear of said box to pour the contents of what she could only describe as a cauldron into the tank, getting a view of some kind of black sludge as the pour began.

A black sludge that filled the larger cauldron that Aura now noticed resting behind the booth as 2 more witches stirred the thick mix with silent contemplation, wisps rising off it as if it was a magic potion. Which was madness..wasn’t it?

‘Conceal and reveal. Seal and Unseal. Bind and Unbind. From mind and sight, from dark to light, bring to eye those to seek to hide. Unseen and false, false and unseen, let them no longer skulk between.’

Aura couldn’t help being a little..rattled by that, for reasons she wasn’t exactly sure about. As if that wasn’t ominous enough, Aura couldn’t help a little start of shock as a woman appeared beside the chamber, having appeared so suddenly that Aura might have thought she had appeared by magic had that not been a crazy thought. She was certainly striking in appearance even with her features hidden beneath a more elaborate robe trimmed with red satin, her face hidden beneath the similarly red trimmed hood pulled forward over her face to conceal all but a few tips of deep chestnut hair. At least until she tugged it back with a flourish to reveal an equally striking face, the deep blue eyes full of some almost otherworldly power. Which had Aura a little rattled. Rattled or not, there was no denying the effect her appearance had, the whole crowd now focused on her with a attention Aura might only call rapt, eager even.

‘We have gathered here today to celebrate our history.’ The elder brunette spoke with a soft voice that somehow easily carried over the group. ‘On this day, ten generations ago, our ancestors stood here in judgement over one amongst us who stood as an outsider, opposed against us. Seeking to vilify us. So that we never forget that day, we hold this ceremony with one of our own to stand in for the one who would have undone us.’

‘What does stand in for one who would have undone us?’ Aura asked in a soft whisper.

‘Well..’ Harper said with a pause that could have been purely for dramatic effect. ‘…there in a story that this village was once haven to a populace of witches. Witches who lived in secret here. Until one day a witch finder was sent in disguise to reveal them for what they were. Only she was discovered and the people tried her and tarred and feathered her on the town green for all to see. So once a year we honour that story by holding a reenactment of a sort. The whole village gets to put a name into that casket there and one is chosen at random to play the part of the witch finder. To hold to the symbolism of the way they arrived in secret, it’s a surprise to the one who gets chosen.’

‘And you still do that to this day.’ Aura said, her eyes falling in the casket that sat next to the chamber, one she had missed during her initial shock, unsure if she should laugh or to not.

‘It’s a tradition.’ Harper shrugged cutely. ‘At least we replaced the tar with something more..palatable .’

If you call that sludge palatable, Aura mused, shuddering again as she thought back to the bubbling cauldron of black muck. Just the thought of being anywhere near that..urrgggh…it made her skin crawl.

‘Anyway…’ Harper continued without comment on if she noticed her discomfort. ‘Don’t worry about that. I’ll show you around. We have time until the choosing. The placing of the names still has to take place.’

‘We do? It does?’ Aura asked carefully. ‘I thought they had been chosen.’

‘Not yet .’ Harper replied. ‘That’s part of the tradition. On the night the accused was revealed, the whole village placed their name into a chest, knowing the guilty would be chosen. The witch finder had no choice but to enter her name as well or be instantly condemned. These days, it’s more like a bit of fun. If you have a rival or someone you think needs bringing down a peg or two, you can enter their name. Or your own name if you feel like it. Like I said, it’s all a bit of fun.’

‘Maybe because your name has never been chosen.’ That comment followed by a soft laugh came from the youthful blonde dressed in an elegant white shirt and dark trousers, the latter lightly laced up around her chest and creating the look of a tavern wench, a look not entirely spoiled by the paper cup in her hand.

‘Oh, don’t give me that Denise.’ Harper laughed back. ‘You knew it was worth it for the chance to see Molly take her place in the tank. Not my fault your name came out.’

‘True. At least she was a good sport about it afterwards. Not sure how she will feel when she finds out I put her name in again this year.’ Denise said with another chuckle.

‘I’d say she’d think that’s fair.’ Harper replied. ‘Oh..I’m sorry. Denise, this is Aura. She just got into town today and I’m showing her around.’

‘Welcome Aura.’ Denise said as she took both her hands softly in hers, the slight lean forward adding a little pressure to the cloth around her breasts. ‘I’m sure you’ll find us a hospitable village. The least we can do is stand you a drink.’

A drink turned out to be a cup of warm cider that had she felt cold would have driven it from her body. And we turned out to be a group that had grown to include two friends of Denise who it turned out had been on trick or treat duty with her, hence the costumes they still had on; one dressed as a pirate that toed the line between revealing and indecent, the other in a vampire costume that wasn’t much better.

Aura had never felt comfortable dressing so..provocatively even on the one day when you could get away with it and have it seen as part of the fun. Yet she was envious of those who felt they could. Still..she did feel comfortable here at least, just content to relax and watch the hustle and bustle around her, the casual conversation and equally casual flirting of the villagers as they mingled and chatted, seeking a partner for the evening, an activity she might be engaged in if she hadn’t found one. Or hoped she had. Harper certainly seemed interested in her, the pair having spent the last hour just chatting and nattering like old friends having a good catch up, Aura just content to rest against her shoulder and enjoy her warmth as she continued with her story about the dreams she had for her bakery.

It was nice to hear about someone else’s dreams for a change, the last few years of her life having been a struggle as she achieved that which she had been the culmination of her studies and her thrust into the crazy world of professional law. After all, if she wanted to make partner she couldn’t rest on her laurels. Which might have been why she had been taken aside in no uncertain terms and told to take some vacation. Not cruelly, Sally could never be cruel. She was more motherly than anything and that was why she couldn’t exactly say no.

‘I don’t really have plans to expand.’ Harper said softly. ‘Sounds a bit silly but it was good enough for my mother, and her mother. So it’s enough for me. I want to keep my heart in it, you know.’

‘I can understand that.’ Aura replied, her eyes suddenly flicked to the chest set beside the towering chamber towards which a scattered stream of people had been wandering over to drop a parchment slip inside, leaving Aura to wonder how many had put their own name into the casket. She couldn’t, with a suppressed shudder, fathom exactly why anyone would put their own name into the casket.

‘Oh..hey. Let me get you another drink.’ Harper said with a smile, clearly having misread her shudder as a twitch of cold and gracefully taking her cup and vanishing into the crowd before Aura could counter her assertion.

‘She’s sweet on you.’ Denise leaned in with a conspiratorial whisper. ‘You must have noticed.’

‘No..she’s just flirting.’ Aura wasn’t entirely sure why she said that since in truth that was the opposite to her hopes.

‘I’ve seen Harper flirt.’ Denise replied firmly. ‘Up close and personal. Trust me, that’s not flirting. She is sweet on you.’

‘Maybe she shouldn’t be..I’m not exactly staying.’ Aura said softly.

‘Doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun while you are.’ Denise suggested teasingly.

‘Maybe.’ Aura admitted, finding her gaze straying to search for Harper almost instinctively and finding herself gripped with a shock as she saw Harper lingering by the casket as she slipped a piece of parchment inside. Now, Aura could have assumed that she was adding the name of one of her friends and just let that slide. But her linger..well..lingered, Harper not moving as the scattered stream of people built to an almost constant flow of eager applicants and volunteerers, if that was the right word. Again, Aura could have let that slide had not each single reveller or costumed pair shot a quick glance directly at her before grabbing a scrap of parchment and scribbling something on it.

And while she tried to tell herself she was being silly, Aura couldn’t shake the thought that they had all been adding her name into the chest. Of course, Harper wouldn’t do that, it would surely ruin the spirit of the ceremony..but her doubts remained. No..she is being silly. Right. She’s being silly.

After all, there had to be plenty more people more deserving of such a fate than her. Harper herself who seemed to have dodged the tank for a time so long as to make her a good target. Or the green haired witch manning the cider booth who with her huge tits nearly spilling out of her top along with her obvious flirtation with every guy who came along despite the equally obvious dates, partners and girlfriends beside them. She too would be a deserving victim. Heck, she might even want a turn in the tank and have stacked the deck against her. And even if both of those choices failed, surely it would be one of the pretty village girls taking her place, no doubt a lot of the men hereabouts having spent the last year eagerly awaiting the day she would be chosen. Aura allowed herself a slow breath of relaxation. Yes, that had to be it. And yet, despite the anxiety that thought had quelled, Aura couldn’t help notice that in its place was a bubble of..intrigue? Curiosity? Excitement? All of the above. Maybe..for a second..but surely that was the cider talking. Aura had never been a great drinker and even after two cups Aura was feeling a little giddy. Yes, it was just the cider.

Luckily she was drawn out of her questions by the sudden tolling of a bell she couldn’t help thinking of as ominous.

‘Oh. It’s time. Come on. Let’s get to the front. You’ll want a good view.’ Debbie said cheerfully.

Truthfully, Aura wasn’t so sure. Even with her doubts receded, she would still feel safer if she could watch from the rear of the crowd, safety in numbers and all that. And yet so it was the Aura found herself lead to the front of the assembled crowd, almost smack bang in front of the chamber with the open door right before her, something Aura tried to tell herself was simply coincidence.

‘Together we are all gathered here. In the sight of each other. Yet one amongst us is not who she claims. She pretends to be a friend but her purpose is false.’ The elder brunette intoned dramatically. ‘All of you have pledged your names before us. Before us for the fates to choose..to name as false. For one of us here is false, who doesn’t belong. Who means us Ill.’

Aura suddenly didn’t like that. Of course, it could all be part of the ritual and the fact that it described her was surely a coincidence. But..and again maybe she was letting her imagination run away with her but she couldn’t help but feel a few sideways glances from the assembled crowd, like they were in on a joke she hadn’t been let in on. All of which returned the feeling she was very much exposed her in the first row. Even if she wasn’t sure what she could do about that without attracting more attention.

This..had to be part of the ritual..right? Aura mused as she shuffled nervously. Harper had said she had been put down to take part. Surely this was all scripted and her name would be chosen. Right? As much as Aura tried to reassure herself with that, that Harper would soon find herself seated inside the waiting chamber, she couldn’t ignore the seemingly more pointed looks being shot her way as the brunette continued once more. Nor could she ignore the sight of the single piece of parchment plucked almost purposefully from the dozens and dozens around it.

Silly as it might sound, Aura was almost certain that her name was written on that piece of paper. Silly maybe but the thought of her name being read out and leaving her trapped in this crowd, unable to escape. So it was with that Aura turned as casually as she could, meaning to stroll with what she hoped seemed just like she was moving to get a better look at the tank and not for a way out.

She didn’t get far though, Debbie’s hand suddenly rested lightly on her shoulder. ‘Hey..you’ll miss the show. It’s about to start.’

‘Of..course.’ Aura replied as she turned back in the direction she had faced just a second ago, her heart pounding as the fateful piece of parchment was opened.

‘I do hope it’s Harper.’ The scandalously dresses pirate said with a chuckle. ‘She’s been overdue for her turn. Somehow she always finds a way to wriggle out of it.’

Aura had no idea how many names had been added besides hers but the crowd had to be 50 strong at least. Maybe 100. Surely that was good news for her. Surely that meant it would be one of the local ladies awaiting a gunging. After all, a place like this surely was filled with close, friendly rivalries that meant anyone else would be facing could be facing that fate. Surely any number of people would have put forward the name of someone they wanted slimed. Or..Harper..yes…Harper. It was her. She was surely the one facing the gunging.

Try as she might, Aura couldn’t deny the suspense was getting to her, a suspense that spiked as the choice was made, as the piece of parchment was fully unfolded. Through all this, Aura couldn’t pull her eyes away as the scrap was unfolded, praying it wasn’t her but not sold on that conviction.

‘And the one chosen is…Aura.’ The brunette proclaimed, her eyes again locked on Aura as she froze, daring to hope there was another Aura in the crowd. A vein hope it seemed as the crowd all turned to face her. In the face of that unflinching attention, Aura was frozen as she saw Harper standing before her.

‘Harper..I..I didn’t..I’m not sure about this.’ Aura stammered.

‘That’s okay.’ Harper soothed. ‘It’s just a bit of fun. And everyone wants to make you welcome here. Might be a bit odd but it means we trust you, that we are willing to let you into our ritual.’

Aura couldn’t help being flattered by that, the warm daze of that thought continuing as she was escorted into to the chamber, unable to contain a shy grin as she was helped up onto the wooden platform. sat on the creaking chair, the wood smooth under her legs but firm too. A firm as the solid plastic now locked close around her, somehow Aura having missed the door trapping her inside. ‘I don’t…Harper?..is it wrong I’m nervous?’

‘It’s okay. It doesn’t feel too bad.’ Harper said with a smile.

‘How would you know?’ Aura teased with a grin, her nerves having faded a little now that she was in here. Not gone but enough to admit it could be fun.

‘Fair point. I guess you will soon find out.’ Harper shrugged.

‘No..wait.’ Aura started quickly, taking a deep breath as her eyes darted to the top of the tank and the wide hole above her, safely blocked by something. For now anyway.

Which wasn’t reassuring as Harper grabbed hold of a sturdy red rope no doubt affixed to that plug or stopper, one tug sending the waiting gunge pouring over her. As if that wasn’t worrying enough, Aura could hear a growing chant from outside the booth.

‘Three..two..one!’

On that last number and with a cheeky glance at Aura, Harper tugged on the rope. Aura barely had a chance to avert her head from the hole above her before it erupted in s stream of black sludge that struck right on the back of her hair, the gravity behind that flow dragging it all the way through her instantly matted locks, her short hair offering no protection against the sludge that slopped over her shoulders, her all too thin clothing stained darkly which protected her as much as her hair, the warm, sticky goo creeping both under and through her shirt that even if it had been twice as thick would have not resisted it. Already she could feel the slime gliding against her bra, staining it as it slicked her skin. Even with as much seeped through her clothing, there was still enough to continue the pour down her body.

Vaguely wondering exactly how much was still above her, Aura was horrified by how drenched and slimed she already was. From her shoulders down to her feet she was dripping, the black goo filling her shoes as it oozed over her legs, the fabric slick against her skin as the gunge stream jumped from her head to her shoulders and back again as she squirmed, the still dropping and layered slime indescribably icky and sticky and slippery all at the same time, almost all of her vulnerable flesh coated with a thin layer that only added to her squirms.

By the time the tank emptied which felt like hours but was maybe only 20 seconds she was unrecognisable, her dark skin tainted a much darker shade everywhere the slime had touched, her clothes both inside and out utterly ruined. Despite feeling disgusting Aura raised her head to face the apologetic Harper. ‘Well…that was new.’ Aura replied with a sigh, secretly relieved it hasn’t been worse. ‘Now..does anyone know where I can get a shower around here?’ This was met with laughter, the emotion in it both welcoming and good humoured, met with an equally matched smile from Aura, who was already working out how she could work out a return trip next year.

END

So Halloween has rolled around and so has my usual seasonal themed story. Which this year has gone away from fanfiction and produced another interesting little outing into the world of WAM, courtesy of my somewhat unpredictable muse. Not that I mean to say this wasn’t what I meant to write, this was very much the idea I had in mind when I started writing. It’s just not the traditional WAM story you see around. Not a bad thing really, I do like shaking things up really and trying something new. I hope you guys like it as well.

http://www.patreon.com/white66
whiteunicorn

UMD: White Softpaws

Return to Reading Room