For old times sake part 1

Stories and longer posts you might want to read again and again

For old times sake part 1

Postby londoner » 30 Nov 2020, 19:21

Linda was sitting at home in the front room with David watching The Chase. Several years had passed since her Miss Primm days and she was now 39. She had however kept herself trim since then. She ate sensibly, swam twice a week in the public baths in Cambridge and they both did a bit of walking in the countryside.

The programme had just got to the final chase when her phone, which was on the coffee table, started to buzz. She didn't recognise the number on the screen but answered it anyway.

"Hello" said a voice at the other end "this is Andrew, your friend Gill's nephew. I don't know if you remember me?"

How could she forget? :oops: !

"Hello Andrew" she said warily "how are you?" "I am absolutely fine" came the reply "you probably wonder why, after all these years (it was 10 yeas since their 21st) I am getting in touch."

"Well, yes" she replied rather tersely, "why are you?"

"Well, I have just been offered the chance of a lifetime to go and work in the States and I have accepted." "Congratulations" said Linda. "Thank you, and so I am going to throw a farewell party for a few friends most of whom you have met." and Linda couldn't help thinking she detected a slight smirk in his voice. "To be up front with you Mrs. A I wondered if you would like to come along as well, for old times sake." and here she could definitely detect a smirk in his voice.

"What exactly do you mean, Andrew?" she asked, somewhat taken aback. "Well, you know......." he said "it will just be me and about 10 others and I was thinking that maybe you wouldn't mind coming along and entertaining us one last time? :D "

LInda was silent. "Are you there?" said Amdrew. Cheeky sod, she thought, but still ......... "When is this going to be?" she said. "Fantastic " came the response. "Whoa," said Linda " I haven't said yes." "Ok it's going to be at the end of next month" said Andrew,

She was silent again for a few seconds then said "OK give me your number and I'll get back to you in a day or so." So she wrote it down and switched off her phone. She turned to David and told him, "Don't forget I am away then" he said "off to play golf with the guys." "Oh yes," she replied but you don't have to be there do you?" she said grinning at him :)

"Who was that ?" said David and Linda told him. "Ah yes, I remember you coming home from their 21st, straight into the shower, I recall." "yes but not until you took a load of pictures" Linda simpered. "Anyway look at me now. I am pushing 40 and have not done any of that stuff for years!" ( Miss Primm had been in retirement for about 8 years)

David got up and taking her hand, pulled her to her feet, "Yes but you are still beautiful and VERY sexy , my dear!" She laughed and said "Are you thinking what I think you're thinking, you naughty boy ?" "Me, of course not " he said "but now you mention it....." and he pulled her down onto the floor.

The next day she decided that she would phone Andrew.

"Hello" he said. "it's me, Mrs A." said Linda and Andrew knew then that by her using that expression she had made her mind up to go to the party :D "One thing however, David is away for a long weekend the , so I shall need picking up and bringing home." "Of course" said Andrew and under his breath "Eventually :evil: :evil: :evil: ."
londoner

Return to Reading Room