new here

Chat, flirt and fantasise about everything wet and messy

Postby Hayley » 18 May 2006, 11:13

Nice to have a chef along!

You will have to share some messy recipes with us.

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

suggestion

Postby messychef » 18 May 2006, 19:57

i think after you take tht pie from the fridge squirt some cream on top then sit on it thanks for the welcome hayley be more then welcome to share some recipies
messychef

Postby Hayley » 19 May 2006, 15:41

I would love a recipe for a good throwing pie. Something with the weight to fly but soft enough to disintegrate on contact (without hurting too much) and thick enough to stay on my face.

The Yanks have Kool Whip, but what's the UK equivalent.

This is the stuff they should be sharing on celeb cookery shows, not prissy little starters that look like owl pellets.

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

My favs

Postby Otif » 21 May 2006, 23:04

Oh Hayley,

Long time reader and viewer of Splosh. I have collected your magazines from oh many, many, many years ago since Issue 18.

Yes we have in Canada or North America we have cool whip. When thawed properly, it is pretty perfect for splutting. When I first got into WaM one of the cheapest things we could get was those McCain frozen pies. At the time they were 99 cents each and it was easy to get 20, 40 or 60. If you thawed them to where they were still just a little cold, they would stick wonderfully and the Grahm cracker crusts split nicely.

Personally, I have always preferred the real pies. More expensive but you really can't take away from the fact they are thick and will stay on your face wonderfully.

I know you also can use shaving cream like Julie uses, it doesn't taste great, but is still the thickest cream around.

Other things I have tried from the bakery, I have had them whip up some real cream and put them in pie crusts. Seems like they have these 2 kilo bags that they dump into the mixer and it makes a very nice, thick cream. It is the same thing they use to top their cream pies and a little cheaper because you are not using a filling.

For something lighter i have also had the same pie crusts filled with meringue. It is light, sticky and best used when it is still slightly warm as it sticks much better and spluts much better.

Hope this helps.

Otif
Otif

Postby Hayley » 21 May 2006, 23:17

Yes, the whipped cream in the pie crust sounds good. Merringue would be too light for me. We have a great bakery not far from the studio, we may have to get a quote on some.

The term 'graham crackers' doesn't exist over here - it sounds like a demented game show host - and when Golden Grahams came out over here (I think they've gone again) everone wonder who Golden Graham was and why he gave his name to a cereal.

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

Graham Crackers

Postby Otif » 21 May 2006, 23:26

It is a cookie. Bakeries crumble these up and make a crust out of it.
Otif

Postby Hayley » 21 May 2006, 23:30

I know that now. A biscuit base is what they call it over here, like you get on cheesecakes. Like I know anything about cooking!

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

Postby Sploshman » 22 May 2006, 14:01

Welcome Mr Chef.
Sploshman

Postby DELETED » 22 May 2006, 18:10

DELETED
DELETED

idea

Postby messychef » 24 May 2006, 01:07

i suggest angel delight topped with whipped cream add some choc sauce to sticken it up
messychef

Postby Hayley » 24 May 2006, 10:20

I like Angel Delight (or McDougals catering version). It makes a great pie cos it's heavy and really thuds into your face. Not for lightweights! The cream sprays outwards and it stays in place. Mmmmm getting hot just thinking about it.

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

Postby DecadentDoll » 24 May 2006, 12:05

Properly defrosted cheesecake is awesome for squishing around in, and has that nice bit of weight to throw it at your chosen target :)

Lots of thickly made up angel delight in a flan case with cream and chocolate sauce is fab...

also....cheap in iceland...pavlova with lots of cream on it has a great sitting in texture too... yummylicious.

ahhh, rambling on... i best go and get my shopping ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss
DecadentDoll

Postby messychef » 24 May 2006, 23:55

the best thing to sit in is a nice big choc gatuee real sticky mmmmmmmm pavlova is a bit hard. by the way DD i voted for you in bizare mag
messychef

Postby DecadentDoll » 24 May 2006, 23:59

messychef wrote: by the way DD i voted for you in bizare mag

*hugs* thank you muchly, nice to be able to thank some of the guys who voted :)

you all rock!

course i ended up at 3rd.... but there is the feature coming up. :-)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss
DecadentDoll

Postby Hayley » 25 May 2006, 00:10

So you are the moral winner!

I agree by the way...pavlova is too crunchy! Something softer on the lips works for me...well, firm but soft if you know what I mean?

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General WAM Banter