THE FUTURE OF THE SPLOSH! FORUM

Chat, flirt and fantasise about everything wet and messy

THE FUTURE OF THE SPLOSH! FORUM

Postby muckypup » 02 Sep 2013, 07:58

Hi all,

With the passing of Bill there has been some uncertainty around the future of the site and forum, but hopefully we have now found a solution.

The current hosts are not being very sympathetic to the situation and are threatening to imminently turn out the lights so over the next few days we should be moving to a new host.

This may mean that the site disappears for a short time and I might have to block posing for a few days to make sure we don't lose any topics whilst we move across.

Many thanks to all who have helped with this, more details to follow, but basically good news :-)

Pup
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Re: THE FUTURE OF THE SPLOSH! FORUM

Postby Sidi » 02 Sep 2013, 08:49

Mr Pup,
Thank you so much for taking the reigns and not letting this great forum become an unused archive.
We are here, we are behind you and you have our full support.
Sidi

Postby Hobgoblin » 02 Sep 2013, 09:30

Good news,

Thanks Pup.
Getting dressed up to get messed up.

Tina Hobb

Formerly Hobgoblin.
Hobgoblin

Postby SimonW » 02 Sep 2013, 10:49

That is very good news....this (thanks largely to Bill's work over many years) is definitely the best archive of friendly WAM discussion, information, pictures and video on the web, and must never be lost if at all possible.
Will the "Shop" and its wonderful contents be able to be continued?
SimonW

Postby Candy Custard » 02 Sep 2013, 13:07

SimonW wrote:That is very good news....this (thanks largely to Bill's work over many years) is definitely the best archive of friendly WAM discussion, information, pictures and video on the web, and must never be lost if at all possible.
Will the "Shop" and its wonderful contents be able to be continued?

Hi Simon - the shop and it's contents are a more difficult one to know what will happen with. To my recent knowledge there still hasn't been a will found, and no one is able to continue sale of these goods, meaning there is no one to physically receive orders and post the items, amongst other complications to do with the financial side.

As I announced at the Bristol splunch, I was offered the opportunity to rent Bill's studio, and I have taken up that offer, but that only provides myself and Sammy Jane somewhere to film and do sessions, and keeps the studio as a place of mess, preserving the history of it - we'll still have no clear way of dealing with all the magazine and DVD stock unless a will is found. I offered to deal with it on a pro bono basis, with all profit going to whoever Bill chose as beneficiary, or to a crohns charity, but this is seeming impossible without a will.

The downloads & forum will remain available though, thanks to Muckypup and the new hosts
Candy Custard

Postby andy250 » 02 Sep 2013, 15:34

Even if there is a will, you will need to go to probate for anything legal to do with Bill's business. *Edit, note sure if even this line is correct, having just looked up sole trading*

The only thing I can advise I can offer, is to see if you can seek out anybody who understand the legal issue's involved. I know for a fact nobody, can take over somebody else's business, as they cannot with mine as I'm the sole registra of the said business. Anybody wanting to take up the reign's to either run splosh, or send the business in a new direction, would need to seek legal advise. It will be minefield, and not something that I totally understand... (Sorry if this sound's a bit kill joy-ish.)

regards

Andy and the team.
andy250

Postby Candy Custard » 02 Sep 2013, 17:39

andy250 wrote:Even if there is a will, you will need to go to probate for anything legal to do with Bill's business. *Edit, note sure if even this line is correct, having just looked up sole trading*

The only thing I can advise I can offer, is to see if you can seek out anybody who understand the legal issue's involved. I know for a fact nobody, can take over somebody else's business, as they cannot with mine as I'm the sole registra of the said business. Anybody wanting to take up the reign's to either run splosh, or send the business in a new direction, would need to seek legal advise. It will be minefield, and not something that I totally understand... (Sorry if this sound's a bit kill joy-ish.)

regards

Andy and the team.

Nobody is taking over anyone's business, full stop, and no advice is needed, the necessary consultations have been made - thank you though.

I am renting Bill's old studio as it just so happened the lease was up soon and Alex Lester, acting on behalf of Bill's parents, offered me the chance to rent it. It's not part of his business or estate. I am doing this so that all his property/stock doesn't end up in a skip, and so that Bill's parents don't get whacked with a clearing and cleaning charge from the estate agents it is rented from. I am happy to pay from my own pocket to preserve this piece of Splosh! history, and will store and protect any of Bill's property at my own cost, indefinitely until all the legal eagles are finished and we know what it's fate is.

Muckypup, myself and a few others have found a way to keep the forum alive, with the go ahead from Alex and Bill's parents, again funded by our own pockets.

This forum is my home and I would be heartbroken to lose it as well as Bill, ditto the studio which is also very important to Sammy Jane

That is all

No one is taking over anything - just preserving.

HTH

Candy xx
Candy Custard

Postby Mike Nomic » 02 Sep 2013, 18:51

Back on topic ... many thanks to you Pup for your work in this respect. I there's anything that I, or we as a community, can do to help, please let me/us know.

Mike.
Normality is subjective!
Mike Nomic

Fetlife: Mike Nomic
UMD: Mike Nomic

Postby muckypup » 02 Sep 2013, 19:45

Candy and Henry have been main people sorting this out to be fair but I'm trying to help from the technical point of view. So many thanks to Candy (although we are not quite there yet).
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Postby Candy Custard » 02 Sep 2013, 20:05

muckypup wrote:Candy and Henry have been main people sorting this out to be fair but I'm trying to help from the technical point of view. So many thanks to Candy (although we are not quite there yet).

Ah thanks pup. We'd all be clueless and utterly lost without you though. And forumless!

Thank you so much for your help and patience
Candy Custard

Postby Sidi » 02 Sep 2013, 20:48

So the future of the forum and nearly everything associated with it will live on. Thank you to everyone involved for taking and devoting the time and effort :D

Just let me know if I can be of any help. Not sure what I can do to be honest but if you think of something, and I can do it, I will.
Sidi

Postby SimonW » 03 Sep 2013, 10:42

Candy Custard wrote:
andy250 wrote:Even if there is a will, you will need to go to probate for anything legal to do with Bill's business. *Edit, note sure if even this line is correct, having just looked up sole trading*

regards

Andy and the team.

Nobody is taking over anyone's business, full stop, and no advice is needed, the necessary consultations have been made - thank you though.

I am renting Bill's old studio as it just so happened the lease was up soon and Alex Lester, acting on behalf of Bill's parents, offered me the chance to rent it. It's not part of his business or estate. I am doing this so that all his property/stock doesn't end up in a skip, and so that Bill's parents don't get whacked with a clearing and cleaning charge from the estate agents it is rented from. I am happy to pay from my own pocket to preserve this piece of Splosh! history, and will store and protect any of Bill's property at my own cost, indefinitely until all the legal eagles are finished and we know what it's fate is.

Muckypup, myself and a few others have found a way to keep the forum alive, with the go ahead from Alex and Bill's parents, again funded by our own pockets.

This forum is my home and I would be heartbroken to lose it as well as Bill, ditto the studio which is also very important to Sammy Jane

That is all

No one is taking over anything - just preserving.

HTH

Candy xx

Not prolonging this part of the thread as you have already obviously taken proper advice, but I think that Andy is panicking too much and (with respect) with limited knowledge.

But I think it's worth adding that, when a person does not leave a Will, it is perfectly legal for someone with an interest (e.g. perhaps someone's son or daughter, or in this case, say, Bill's parents) to apply for "Letters of Administration" which allows them to deal with the estate, so that the person's assets can pass to their next of kin in the order set down by law.

The business of the DVD and magazine sales (or perhaps more correctly, the stocks of these, and the copyrights, etc.,) could then be sold or passed on to someone else who could continue the business.

It may not be as complicated as Andy fears, and all may not be lost!
SimonW

Postby bea___ » 03 Sep 2013, 15:15

respect to all those who have taken on the mantel left by Bill
bea___

Postby Lancashire Hotpot » 04 Sep 2013, 08:38

What about pending orders from the shop?

What if somebody was to order some items assuming that someone else was running it so he/she could get a piece of splosh history before its too late :oops:
Lancashire Hotpot

Postby Candy Custard » 04 Sep 2013, 13:26

Gaz wrote:What about pending orders from the shop?

What if somebody was to order some items assuming that someone else was running it so he/she could get a piece of splosh history before its too late :oops:

I'm sorry hon. There isn't anyone to receive orders or post things. Bill was a one man band.

Alex has been sending cash and postal orders back to people because he doesn't know the system and what people have ordered. He can't get into the online orders though so anyone ordering online may have quite a wait on their hands while that side of things gets sorted out.

Please bear with him during what could be a lengthy process and one that is already riddled with difficulties and complications.

Announcements will be made as and when he knows what is happening but there is no timescale for this yet.
Candy Custard

Next

Return to General WAM Banter