THE FUTURE OF THE SPLOSH! FORUM

Chat, flirt and fantasise about everything wet and messy

Re: THE FUTURE OF THE SPLOSH! FORUM

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 30 Jun 2014, 00:40

Richard - I think you have a problem insofar as you have demonstrated to all and sundry that the business model (insofar as one may or may not exist) in its current form is not viable, so I can't see that anyone else would 'put their hand in their pocket' to keep the St Leonards studio going. I suspect that part of that problem is 'chicken and egg' - Bill's use of the studio was heavily tied to promotion both on the original version of this forum and others (e.g. UMD).

As there have been no published photoshoots and, I think, no significant promotion of the possibility of such shoots (teasers, clips etc) on here (as this place has tumbleweed blowing past now) or on UMD, then the result has inevitably been insufficient work going on at the studio to make it viable.

If Sammy-Jane wants to feature in splosh-style shoots using the old Splosh Studios then I think it would be essential that there would have to have been a lot of regular promo shots/clips going out in the way that Bill used to do. Unless you or S-J (or someone) was prepared to keep that going on a regular basis (like all producers have to do) then it's never going to be viable, as people just won't know that it's there or that there is material available to download, or where to download it from if it is available.

Unless those issues can be addressed very rapidly then I can't see a satisfactory solution to the problem.

Similarly, this forum has stalled for quite a while. I haven't heard anything since Mike NoMic was discussing what to ask Bill's estate's solicitors. I think the use of his old studios would be pretty much tied in with regular promotional activity on this forum but most people don't even know that it's still here as the URL is different and it's not being actively promoted anyway until the legal situation is clarified, since there may have to be more changes yet. In the meantime, it might be useful to promote S-J and the studio on UMD but, unless you do, it's absolutely bound to fail.
Lizzie_Claymore

Fetlife: Lizzie_Claymore
UMD: Lizzie_Claymore

Postby muckypup » 20 Aug 2014, 22:26

Stage 1 complete. Site moved to awesome host! Just need to sort out the rest now!
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Postby muckypup » 20 Aug 2014, 22:31

P.S. If you received an email about the update but you can't see my latest posts it is probably because it takes a short while for www.sploshuk.co.uk to start pointing to the right server for everyone! You don't need to do anything, it should fix itself in a day or so.
muckypup

Postby muckypup » 10 Dec 2014, 17:36

Hello again! The site seems to be back up and running again although a bit quiet as we've purposefully not promoted it much recently. Hopefully that will change soon!

The best and most important thing about this site is the people (goes without saying) but as a geek the software is somewhat aged. I'm considering changing to a new system but would like some feedback as people don't like change :) The important thing to note would be that all the existing content and users would be retained, it would just be a somewhat more modern system which would hopefully help us chat and share and frolic more effectively!

I was looking at http://www.discourse.org anyone got any thoughts? You can log in using facebook etc etc but that would NOT be mandatory (I certainly wouldn't!). Would Splosh the site up obviously :)
muckypup

Postby Miss T » 14 Dec 2014, 15:02

You are right Mucky, the software used for this forum is certainly 'aged' to say the very least, but it is stable. I do understand the need to upgrade however - like you I have been on the hunt for something new, so I will watch with interest to see how the changeover (when it comes) goes.

Good luck and any tips n hints please let me know :)
Resistance is futile!
Miss T

Postby andy250 » 18 Dec 2014, 18:31

The site is a bit like a ship without a captain, you could change the software over etc, but without direction the forum is really going nowhere, it's a ship a drift at the moment, unless DM1 is thinking of taking it in with his website.

It's lacking leadership, which is understandable, but the time is coming where you either do something with it, to keep it fresh and move it on, or sadly, you may find it just fades away.

regards

Andy and the team.
andy250

Previous

Return to General WAM Banter