Meet?

Chat, flirt and fantasise about everything wet and messy

Postby Phantom » 19 Sep 2006, 23:11

Who knows when, Bobby? Sometime, I'm sure.
Phantom

Postby Sploshman » 20 Sep 2006, 00:22

Phantom wrote:Have to agree with the others, Claymore.

Why do you keep telling everyone when they should or shouldn't meet? They've been meeting for what ... two years already? It works. Leave it.

Phantom

Agree, or just do your own London one for the people who can make weekends and not Thursday nites.

No need for anyone to change anything in my view.
Sploshman

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 20 Sep 2006, 01:46

(Groan)

Right. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to explain this so this'll be the last time. In fact, I'm constantly amazed at how people are able to put their own (incorrect) interpretation on what should be simple, clear, logic. (Mind you, at staff meeting after staff meeting, everyone is amazed at how our UK students perform poorly in their exams these days compared with the overseas ones because ours fail to actually read the questions, so perhaps this is a problem endemic to us all in the UK!)

Phantom wrote:Why do you keep telling everyone when they should or shouldn't meet?

I have no intention of telling anyone when they should meet. If you'd care to re-read my post, you will see that I did, however, express my hope that those involved might choose to synchronise. If people want to meet on a Thursday evening and can do so then they will. That's fine. As you know, I have even amended the auto calendar on area 6 to advise the members of that group about the forthcoming meeting in the hope that it will boost numbers. What I have pointed out, however, is the logic that demonstrates that just because some people can make a Thursday night doesn't mean that everyone can. Saturday afternoon may be far worse but the logic explained above combined with a certain amount of previous and current evidence (see 3) might suggest otherwise. However, I'm very pleased for everyone who can make Thursday. I really hope they enjoy themselves and get something out of it.

The purpose of setting up the groups was to try to promote meetups. (I would have thought that's something that we'd all want to see happen.) It's early days yet. However, they were all designed carefully so that the proposed dates are easily worked out and remembered by people, leading to a higher probability of success than using random dates which, by definition, can't be predicted and planned for. They were also designed to interlock so that anyone wanting to visit two or three regions (if and when things get going) can do so without having clashes or several meetings in close succession. If people do vary from the proposed dates then it's likely that people will miss them. The idea of the groups is that everyone is welcome. The last thing we need is exclusivity, I hope you'd all agree.

The proposed dates are set up to repeat automatically every three months. At the moment, nobody who has been involved with organising the pre-existing London-based meetings has deigned to join area 6 (South-east) so that they can alert the members of the group to their meeting. I've reached the stage where I simply can't guarantee to be able to keep monitoring things to do this for them. Therefore, from now on, I'll just leave the calendar set up so that if the members of area 6 want to meet and can be bothered to set something up, they will be reminded of the proposed date a month ahead to enable them to do so. It's a shame that nobody from the existing meetings wants to promote their meetings to these potential attendees. I've been doing that for them as best I can for the last 3 occasions but if nobody's bothered about attracting these extra potential attendees then I'm sorry but I really don't see that it's worth the hassle for me to carry on busting a gut over it, resetting the calendar reminders etc. that get delivered to their inboxes.

DecadentDoll wrote:They seem to prefer a Thursday, DESPITE protest from some of the people within the group...

Hayley wrote:If a weekend event kicks off as well, fine (I might actually be able to make one of those...

andy250 wrote:if it wasn't for the fact I am a man of lesuire at the mo. I too would probably find it hard to make the meets.

It seems that I hardly need to make a case here. If any of you want to organise a Saturday meeting as well as the Thursday ones then that's up to you. I can't organise it for you. You know your own area best. If you'd like to advertise it to the members of area 6 then that's fine. Just join and promote it. As I've said repeatedly, the organisers of any meetings are welcome to promote their event using this method, too, and have been encouraged to do so but seem to be choosing not to do so. I don't know why. I would hope it's not a case of "not invented here" but I'm not psychic so I can't tell.

The reference above to 'sidestepping the issue' was merely a hope that if the group were to use a Saturday afternoon then the issue that arose last week would simply not arise as Laura might be happy to come as Bobby during the day anyway (if I'd understood previous posts correctly, that is). That way, Bobby would be happy as Bobby and those who were nervous about Laura wouldn't need to be nervous. As a crossdresser for WAM myself, I think I understand how Laura must feel about this but as a nervous splosher myself, I can see both sides of the argument and thought I'd spotted a good compromise with which both sides would be happy. Perhaps that was naive optimism.

Considering that my original intention was to set up something that everyone could use to promote co-operation, I am getting a bit exasperated at the number of people who are managing to misinterpret things. To anyone who is still reading this at this stage, I thank you for your attention and, in computer terminology, invite everyone to RTFM.

Enough, purlease!
Many thanks.
Last edited by Lizzie_Claymore on 20 Sep 2006, 13:28, edited 2 times in total.
Lizzie_Claymore

Fetlife: Lizzie_Claymore
UMD: Lizzie_Claymore

Postby messylaura » 20 Sep 2006, 04:12

i got an idea, Lets just ride the ride and have FUN
messylaura

Postby BillShipton » 20 Sep 2006, 11:41

With you there, Laura.

Perhaps we Brits don't read the questions properly cos they are tedious old bollocks.
BillShipton

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 20 Sep 2006, 13:14

BillShipton wrote:Perhaps we Brits don't read the questions properly cos they are tedious old bollocks.

Ah but never let it be forgotten that we Brits lead the world when it comes to tedious old bollocks! (Well, we have to be good at something!) ;-)

messylaura wrote:i got an idea, Lets just ride the ride and have FUN

Well said!! :D

---------------------------------------
Claymore_Wam's "Useful WAM Info" pages
Lizzie_Claymore

Postby DecadentDoll » 20 Sep 2006, 17:12

*sigh*

I really wasn't misinterpreting it at all... just stating my opinions on the matter.

I think it's more a case of people thinking "why's he doing this for the rest of the country?"

I understand you wanted to help. I, for one, think it has the potential to be worthwhile.

Some people *may* have felt you were trying to take over a bit, even though you seem to have the best of intentions.

Please don't take this as a misinterpretation, or insult. I'm just calling it like I happen to see it.

It's like Jessie getting exasperated when not everyone appreciates her efforts, because nobody asked her to make any effort.

It's not nice, given the effort and enthusiasm that has gone into it... it's just how it is.

Having said that, yes, lets have fun! :)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss
DecadentDoll

Postby messylaura » 20 Sep 2006, 19:26

have you ever tryed to ride a white swan ???? they get awfully cross and get a bit hissy

opps sorry, wrong thread
messylaura

Postby Sploshman » 20 Sep 2006, 20:29

DecadentDoll wrote:*sigh*

I really wasn't misinterpreting it at all... just stating my opinions on the matter.

I think it's more a case of people thinking "why's he doing this for the rest of the country?"

I understand you wanted to help. I, for one, think it has the potential to be worthwhile.

Some people *may* have felt you were trying to take over a bit, even though you seem to have the best of intentions.

Please don't take this as a misinterpretation, or insult. I'm just calling it like I happen to see it.

Having said that, yes, lets have fun! :)

I on the same wavelength with DD on this.

That's a first :D.
Sploshman

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 20 Sep 2006, 20:35

DecadentDoll wrote:I really wasn't misinterpreting it at all...

I know that, you lovely lady ... it wasn't aimed at you. But anyway, as I said, I won't keep on at it here as we've all had more than enough on the subject.

<sings>
"Let's face the music ... and splosh!" :-)
</sings>
Lizzie_Claymore

Postby Phantom » 20 Sep 2006, 20:44

What Decadent Doll says is right, Claymore.

It did seem like you just appeared out of nowhere and started telling everyone what zone or group or region you'd allotted them to, and then started handing out timetables and telling everyone to sign up to mailing lists etc.

I recall the first time I became aware of you was when someone had started promoting a messy meeting on UMD and halfway down the thread there was your lengthy post along the lines of "oh great, you've undone all my hard work ... I've already scheduled the south east of England to meet up on the third week of May. Now you've gone and thrown everything out of synch" .. or something like that.

I remember thinking "Who the heck is this guy, storming in and telling everyone how it ought to be?". I'm sure lots of others (particularly the people who were organising the meets) had the same initial thoughts.

I know what you keep saying - you're not telling anyone what to do, you're just trying to help. But I think the message that keeps repeating itself is "Thanks for your well-meaning offers of help, but we're quite capable of getting a group of people together in a pub without the aid of mailing lists, timetables, national grid references and id cards."

It's a meeting. In a pub. For fun.

Phantom
Phantom

Postby BillShipton » 20 Sep 2006, 20:52

Oy kids, break it up.

Don't you think there have been enough arguments about this meet already. Just break it up. Or to put it in a more South London way, "Leave it, it aint wurf it!"
BillShipton

Postby Sploshman » 20 Sep 2006, 21:05

Chill with the still or as Jay-Z would say "breathe easy" :).
Sploshman

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 21 Sep 2006, 00:50

Sploshman wrote:Chill with the still or as Jay-Z would say "breathe easy" :).

Quite so.

I've already said that I really don't want to waste my breath on this any more since it seems that nothing I say will change some strongly-held previously-formed convictions.

All I've tried to do is provide some inclusive well-structured support for everyone, primarily to act as a catalyst for those who aren't lucky enough to be able to get to the current meetings. (Without some organisation or framework, nothing ever happens. London's lucky to have that already, although it can only serve a small minority, of course.)

I think people can draw their own conclusions about the pros and cons of this aspiration to help people come together. (It seems they will anyway.)

If anyone wants facts rather than opinons, they can read about the aims of the groups here. If they like what they see, they're welcome to join. If they don't like it, they won't apply. Naturally, I'll continue to promote the groups for the benefit of those who want to get together in a spirit of inclusive fun.

:roll:
Lizzie_Claymore

Postby DecadentDoll » 21 Sep 2006, 18:57

Claymore_wam wrote: Naturally, I'll continue to promote the groups for the benefit of those who want to get together in a spirit of inclusive fun.

:roll:

Just right, despite the various different opinions, everyone is free to do as they please.

Just look at some of the people doing as they please and expecting money for it!

DD x (back at school again, feeling tired)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss
DecadentDoll

Previous

Return to General WAM Banter