MEETUP - NORTH-WEST (Warrington) - Now Sat 21st Oct.

Chat, flirt and fantasise about everything wet and messy

MEETUP - NORTH-WEST (Warrington) - Now Sat 21st Oct.

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 13 Jul 2006, 19:00

Hi all,

Hayley kindly invited me to post a copy of the message I had put on UMD. Thanks Hayley.

C_W
------------------------------

Folks,

I've received a load of PMs and e-mails from people who wanted to come to the (easy to reach) Warrington meetup this Saturday afternoon but can't make this one (quite a number will be on hols, it seems). It's been suggested that we postpone the meet-up until the next one 3 months later, on Saturday 21st Oct. (3rd Sat of month every quarter.)

I was reluctant to do that at first but I think it's reached the stage where it's the only sensible thing to do now as there would be only a few of us available.

So, to give everyone plenty of notice, here are the proposed details for the next North-west (Area No 2) meetup:

----------------------------

DATE & TIME
Saturday 21st Oct., 2pm.
(By holding it on a Saturday afternoon, the hope is that people will be able to travel there and back within the day, saving on hotel bills. (I see several people are asking for that on the next London thread too so, hopefully, the same idea will help people to attend this event, similarly.)) Also, by holding it in the afternoon, the pub shouldn't be as packed out as the evening and people won't need to wander round the streets in the dark.

VENUE
Yates's Wine Bar
41-43 Buttermarket Street
WARRINGTON
WA1 2LY

IDENTIFICATION:
Could I suggest that a convenient way of identification without attracting attention is to carry a map, perhaps an Ordnance Survey map? (Perhaps you have one of your home area? You should - they're wonderful, as well as being useful for identifying suitable WAM locations!)

TRAVEL:
The 3 maps below show the approaches and detail. I don't know Yates's so I'm relying on Multimap to have put the red circle around the right part of Buttermarket Street but it can't be far wrong! As you can see, the reason we've settled on Warrington is because it's very easy to get to, being almost enclosed by motorways and railways.

DRIVING:
On hand are the M6 (Birmingham - Scotland), the M62 (Liverpool - Manchester - Leeds - Hull) and the M56 (N. Wales - Manchester) so it's only 25 mins from Liverpool, Manchester and North Wales. For a full route map, put your postcode and that of the destination (WA1 2LY) in the route planner here (bottom RHS).

TRAINS & BUSES:
Easily available are the West Coast Main Line (London - Birmingham - Preston - Carlisle - Glasgow) calling at Warrington Bank Quay station (½ mile) and there's the Trans-Pennine route (Liverpool - Manchester - Leeds - York) calling at Warrington Central station (200 yards). The bus station appears to be just round the corner too. (See below for a useful link to all bus & train timetables.)

FLIGHTS:
Liverpool Airport is just visible on the bottom left hand edge of the wider map and there are so many cheap flights and easy transport connections to it these days that those travelling a distance might find it simpler to fly in! (Terribly environmentally unfriendly, mind.)

PUBLIC TRANSPORT INFO:
For those needing to find land-based public transport links, this excellent site enables you to put in your postcode and that of your destination (WA1 2LY) and it gives you all the alternatives, even including walking time to bus stops with street by street walking directions and super-detailed maps if you click the relevant buttons!

-----------------

So who's up for a meet then? Just a chin wag and a drink for people to get to know each other - no actual wamming, of course. (The purpose of these meetings is to enable those who might want to do so to arrange that separately if they wish. Otherwise it's just a friendly afternoon in the pub with people of similar interests - what more could you want?!)

Regards,
C_W.
--------------------

-------------------------------------
The UK Regional WAM Groups <<<< More details about all the UK WAM regions / proposed meeting dates etc here.
Lizzie_Claymore

Fetlife: Lizzie_Claymore
UMD: Lizzie_Claymore

Postby Sploshman » 13 Jul 2006, 19:17

Will try to reach.
Sploshman

Postby Jonny » 13 Jul 2006, 23:32

Warrington is your atypical northern town. Blown up twice by the IRA during the 1990's (2 died in the second bomb in the Town centre), It has an IKEA and several shopping centres. You can get fish and chips for less than a £5 and you can feed your whippet on the scraps. Warrington Bank Quay station was a 10 minute walk from where Jonny lost his wam virginity on Valentine's 2003 with a girl called Triflebabe, after cupios amounts of bitter were drunk in a workng mens club in Widnes Rugby Union Club ( not league, heeeeee's goooing aweeeeeeeee as Ray French would say on Grandstand)
Don't go in the pub when Superleague's on, especially if your in Widnes and say your from Warrington. Pitchforks is the word, although its better that than Scouse.

I thouroughly recommend Mr Smiths, Home of TV's "Hitman and Her" - also notorious for my well spoken news reader friend from Cheshire getting chucked out of when she was 17 on a sourjourn from the sunny climes of the posh end!
"Mousse from a bowl is very nice, but to pour it over someone is demented" Alan Partridge
http://www.gungemistress.com We got messy, all tied up.....
Jonny

Postby Hayley » 14 Jul 2006, 12:19

I assume you mean archetypal not atypical which means 'not typical' since you then go on to indulge in northern stereotypes.

Sorry, northerners, he's from "Oooh ahhh" country bumpbin, yokel, cider-drinking village idiot Cornwall.

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

Postby Jonny » 14 Jul 2006, 19:34

Cider that be Zummerset. and Bumpkins come from Devon and Dorset!. However we have the Best kept Village Idiots in the country
"Mousse from a bowl is very nice, but to pour it over someone is demented" Alan Partridge
http://www.gungemistress.com We got messy, all tied up.....
Jonny

Warrington

Postby andy250 » 14 Jul 2006, 19:56

Not too far away from me, the place is full of bloody roundabouts on the way in, never met anybody who wams from their???

Andy
andy250

Postby muckypup » 14 Jul 2006, 21:01

Sounds good, see you there!
muckypup

Fetlife: muckipup
UMD: muckypup

Re: Warrington

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 14 Jul 2006, 21:03

andy250 wrote:Not too far away from me, the place is full of bloody roundabouts on the way in, never met anybody who wams from their???Andy
Ah but that's the point - not too far away from not only you but most people in the north-west, due to the good transport links, irrespective of whether there's actually anybody who WAMs *in* Warrington! Carefully chosen y'see! :-)
Lizzie_Claymore

Fetlife: Lizzie_Claymore
UMD: Lizzie_Claymore

Return to General WAM Banter