LONDON MEET - Heads Up . . . . . . 28th September !

Chat, flirt and fantasise about everything wet and messy

Postby DecadentDoll » 12 Jul 2006, 17:54

my boyfriends band played a gig called "Fuck the World Cup"

nuff said really :D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss
DecadentDoll

Postby Jonny » 12 Jul 2006, 23:06

Only cos you fluked a win against us, but couldnt dispatch the taffs or azeri
"Mousse from a bowl is very nice, but to pour it over someone is demented" Alan Partridge
http://www.gungemistress.com We got messy, all tied up.....
Jonny

Postby DecadentDoll » 12 Jul 2006, 23:18

shut up about football! lol
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss
DecadentDoll

Postby Hayley » 13 Jul 2006, 10:29

Anyone else talking about football on the forum will be shown the red card and sent off! Including spud-faced morons with shopaholic wives and Frenchmen with names that sound like a wizard doing a magic spell.

Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

what about odd shape balls

Postby clownslapstick » 17 Jul 2006, 18:50

Hayley, what about all those big rugby players lol. In the cold winter months there's lots mud anbd that means lots of mess.
clownslapstick

Postby boxster » 17 Jul 2006, 22:59

Easy As:

I'll be there in spirit, as you well know....

What is this about the world cup? Don't you all know we have a real crisis with the Chicago Cubs? And I pray for my Chicago White Sox.

Hate Schuy, come to think of it.

Don
boxster

Postby BillShipton » 17 Jul 2006, 23:31

Bring back rallycross, I say...

I have a fabulous LP of Chicaho Cubs commentaries I bought for 49p in a charity shop called The Chicago Cubs are on the Air. The best bit is the commentators having to do a live commercial for ladies underwear.

Yeah, I know, I'll phone for a cab...
BillShipton

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 18 Jul 2006, 00:17

Gosh! Rallycross! That's going back a bit. I vaguely remember watching that on 405 line monochrome TV at my gran's house!

Was that the one where they all went round and round a muddy field until nobody could see where they were going or was it the one where they used to have to reverse at high speed into coned areas to simulate garages and do slaloms and things like that? (I used to love that!)
Lizzie_Claymore

Fetlife: Lizzie_Claymore
UMD: Lizzie_Claymore

Postby BillShipton » 18 Jul 2006, 12:12

Rallycross was the one set half on tarmac and half in a muddy field (Lydden Hill for example) featuring saloon cars wading through mud and crashing blindly into banks (usually after Murray Walker had just said that they were bound to win). It was a television friendly version of autocross which is entirely on mud and was actually invented by ITV for World of Sport.

The screeching round car parks skidding into coned garages one was billed in Radio Times simply as "Motoring" and only ever appeared once a year as they competed for the Ken Warton Cup (not to be confused with Kelt Walton the wrestling commentator). Loved that too.

The real high points of motor sport in the sixties (and yes there is a WAM element here) were Autopoint and the Hill Climbs. The former was an annual contest on Grandtand between the army and the London Motor Club staged in what appeared to be a swamp surrounded by hills. Competitors had to drive to certain points on the course and get back to base in a set time - always through the swamp. Vehicles ranged from Land Rovers, Haflingers and an Alvis Stalwart to production cars and little open top sports cars - which always got bogged down . I so wanted to have a go. Hill climbs consisted of couples trying to get home-made open topped cars up muddy hills. This involved the woman (usually quite a large one, bouncing up and down in the passenger seat getting covered in mud. Seminal stuff for a young boy.

This is what passed for televised sport in the winter in the sixties and seventies. And much more fun that the current corporate plc-versus-plc stuff we get today! I believe rallycross is now a serious European sport, but hill clims and autopoint....bring them back, I say.

Okay, I'll stop now.
BillShipton

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 18 Jul 2006, 12:31

Ah yes. I remember that classic Murray Walker clip. They've never let him live it down!

>And much more fun that the current corporate plc-versus-plc stuff we get today!

Absolutely.

>but hill clims and autopoint....bring them back, I say.

Well, hill climbs still exist, albeit in very sanitised form. (Tarmac - No mud!). I was down in Glos. a couple of years ago and happened to be in Winchcombe when the Prescott Hill Climb was on so I went along. The smell of high octane fuel and the sight of all the lovely old Bentleys, Lagondas, MGs etc. was spectacular. Quite a gruelling hill it is, too!

-------------------------------------
Claymore_Wam's "Useful Info" Pages
Lizzie_Claymore

Postby Hayley » 18 Jul 2006, 12:44

There are several parliamentary secretaries who would testify that climbing on top of Prescott is pretty difficult - and likely to leave you breathless.

Love
Hayley
Hayley
Site Admin

Postby Lizzie_Claymore » 18 Jul 2006, 14:15

Arf!

After Prescot's alleged activities and comments on same, just be thankful you don't need to use melons for boobs, Hayley!! ;-)

----------------------------------
Claymore_Wam's "Useful Info" pages
Lizzie_Claymore

Postby easy_as_ » 18 Jul 2006, 20:26

boxster wrote:Easy As:

I'll be there in spirit, as you well know....

What is this about the world cup? Don't you all know we have a real crisis with the Chicago Cubs? And I pray for my Chicago White Sox.

Hate Schuy, come to think of it.

Don

Gee, I look away from a thread for a couple of days and it goes to pot . . . . . . . LOL !

Thanks Boxster . . . . we will have a drink on your behalf !
In case anyone has forgotted :P

The details:-

6.30pm
Thursday 28th September
The Crown, Brewer Street
Soho
London W1

Nearest Tube station :- Piccadilly Circus ( on both the Piccadilly & Bakerloo Lines )

Any questions please feel free to PM me.

:D
Who ate all the pies ? What a waste of pie !
easy_as_

Postby DELETED » 18 Jul 2006, 20:50

DELETED
DELETED

Postby messymercedes » 18 Jul 2006, 21:42

what is the deeper meaning of LIFF?

Errrrrrrrrrr, hmmmmmmmmmm Gotta be DROP :roll: :roll:

Mercedes x
Happy when Messy
messymercedes

PreviousNext

Return to General WAM Banter