LONDON MEET - Heads Up . . . . . . 28th September !

Chat, flirt and fantasise about everything wet and messy

Postby Vigster » 06 Jul 2006, 09:55

I'm gonna try and make this but It'll be my first time! Any advice thats relevent?
I've been hiding for to long. Nows the time!
Always interested, Never shy
Vigster

Postby easy_as_ » 06 Jul 2006, 13:29

Vigster wrote:I'm gonna try and make this but It'll be my first time! Any advice thats relevent?
I've been hiding for to long. Nows the time!

Yes, please turn up with money to buy drinks either for you or everyone . . . . . LOL

. . . . and that's about it really !

We are all friendly and we will make you welcome, no mess no fuss just beer and chat.

It's just a normal night out in a pub really, making new friends.

I'm sure I mentioned everything you need to know ! Don't be shy, it's all good !

It will be good to see new faces . . . . as always !

easy_as_ :D
Who ate all the pies ? What a waste of pie !
easy_as_

Postby Phantom » 08 Jul 2006, 20:56

Hi Easy As

Well being overseas, there's no way I can attend your next meeting no matter what day it's on. However, as an attender of meets-gone-by, I always follow these threads with interest. It's really great to see the attendance figures grow and grow as more people see that it really is a crowd of normal, nice, friendly people with one common interest.

I had an idea I thought I'd suggest to you ... either for this time around or for later in the year. It's about this ongoing debate between weekdays and weekends.

How about ... the first ever double-meet??

I mean, why not have two meetings BOTH IN THE SAME WEEK only two days apart.

The first happens on the Thursday and the second happens 2 days later on the Saturday (same location, same start time). Everyone attends the one they prefer or the one that best fits their social and work calendar. The truely hardcore WAM fans (and drinkers) can attend both.

After that - well, you'll finally answer the question of which is best. Whichever meeting has the most people present determines what time of the week future meetings are held.

What do you think? What do others think?

(please note - I'm not trying to muscle in or tell anyone how they should do the meetings ... it's just an idea I had which I thought I'd share. i'd like to see it happen some time, because I'd love to see the outcome).

Phantom
Phantom

Postby DELETED » 08 Jul 2006, 22:07

DELETED
DELETED

Postby Phantom » 09 Jul 2006, 14:45

That's a real coincidence. I'm just putting the finishing touches on an audio molecular transportation device at the moment...

... now where did I put the bloody sellotape?
Phantom

Postby messymercedes » 09 Jul 2006, 15:14

Errrrrrrr Think i'll stick with the train :? :?

Mercedes x
Happy when Messy
messymercedes

Postby klownn » 10 Jul 2006, 21:44

cedes stick to what your good at MUD :D
klownn

Postby DELETED » 10 Jul 2006, 23:13

DELETED
DELETED

Postby easy_as_ » 11 Jul 2006, 14:01

Phantom !

Long time !

It is an idea, but maybe not with this meet.... I have caused a ripple of confusion around it already through an uncharacteristic wobble of thought.

However now things are more certain behind my scenes ( ! ) then I'll keep it as it is for now.

I do like the idea, who knows it may not have to be one over the other, merely a double meet in that week, or even that month.

GS has been great support too with the meets and of course James has organised a few of the Meet-Ups !

The train might well be better than some kind of untried atomising gadget from Phantoms shed ! Good call Cedes !
Who ate all the pies ? What a waste of pie !
easy_as_

Postby Phantom » 11 Jul 2006, 18:59

Hi Easy As

Glad you liked the idea, and I wasn't surprised you decided to leave it for another time (I saw the confusion start to build on the UMD thread as all the usual suspects started whining about the start time, the date, the day of the week etc!!).

But bear it in mind for the future. After all - a double meet needs no more effort to organise than a single meet .... you just plug both in the same thread and people go to the one they prefer. I'm sure both would get 10 or more people attending, based on recent meets ... and there'd no doubt be a handful of hardened wammers at both (I wouldn't be surprised if a certain Splosh editor didn't bother going home and just stayed in the pub until the second meet, two days later!!).

Hey, Easy As - gutted about England in the World Cup? I really enjoyed the match ... thought England played really well under pressure. What I didn't understand was this: you've got Owen injured, Beckham injured and Rooney sent off ... so the backbone of the team are sat on the bench. What could possibly make matters worse? That's right ... take off Joe Cole for Peter bloody Crouch!!!! They might as well have replaced Gerrard with a donkey while they were at it (actually the donkey probably would have taken a better penalty!).

Catch you later, dude

Phantom
Phantom

Postby Sploshman » 11 Jul 2006, 20:24

Phantom wrote:gutted about England in the World Cup? I really enjoyed the match ... thought England played really well under pressure. What I didn't understand was this: you've got Owen injured, Beckham injured and Rooney sent off ... so the backbone of the team are sat on the bench. What could possibly make matters worse? That's right ... take off Joe Cole for Peter bloody Crouch!!!! They might as well have replaced Gerrard with a donkey while they were at it (actually the donkey probably would have taken a better penalty!).

Don't even get me started about those overpaid WANKERS!! LOL.
Sploshman

Postby BillShipton » 12 Jul 2006, 10:31

I think we will ban World Cup football rants from this forum.

We don't mind Off Topic but that's Off Planet.

Besides if you spend as much time in pubs as I do, you've heard it all before!
BillShipton

Postby Vigster » 12 Jul 2006, 10:42

Yeah baby. I'll be there. Can't miss my first meet. Looking forward to meting you all.
Always interested, Never shy
Vigster

Postby Sploshman » 12 Jul 2006, 10:57

BillShipton wrote:I think we will ban World Cup football rants from this forum.

We don't mind Off Topic but that's Off Planet.

Besides if you spend as much time in pubs as I do, you've heard it all before!

V.true.
Sploshman

Postby Phantom » 12 Jul 2006, 16:51

Bill

Sorry - I'm sure you've all had it up to here with football talk over in the UK. Football fever was a bit diluted out here in Thailand (but still very much talked about).

Phantom
Phantom

PreviousNext

Return to General WAM Banter