What do we need to do to arrange a meet?

Chat, flirt and fantasise about everything wet and messy

What do we need to do to arrange a meet?

Postby KingArthur » 28 Apr 2006, 16:20

Fellow Wammers,

It is my quest to arrange a fun meeting in the UK before too long, one where people can get together and have messy fun in a safe, secure environment. Where people won't be intimidated, or feel that they are out of their depth.

Come on people! We are all on this forum because we want to get messy, and to mess up other people, so let's work out how to do it. Let's create our own session that WE can enjoy. Guys and girls alike, doing what they want, in a mutually consenting environment.

If people can use the net to arrange trainspotting days (so I've heard, honest!) what's stopping us? This is not a rhetorical post. Please post your suggestions as to how we can get this happenning, and any suggestions of dates, locations, cost and interest.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts, and hopefully getting something happenning. If anyone wants to message me privately, I am happy to respond in kind.

Cheers
King Arthur
KingArthur

Postby TottyMcGee » 28 Apr 2006, 18:28

The time when Splosh ran these way back when was before I found the scene, though Big Andy (who we now have as part of the Wamdrogony team) was involved, so what I know of how they went is from him, his tape collection and a lovely couple of e-mails I exchanged with Hayley once when I was making an effort to set something up (I never did get anything going on a large scale, but made a lot of friends and had some good parties on a smaller scale).

WAM events have a special set of problems to go along with the usual problems of running fetish events (security, discretion, liability etc). The obvious one is some poor sod has to clean up - not a problem when there's only a few of you because everyone chips in, but as numbers increase, so does the temptation to bugger off and leave it to someone else. Also making the job harder is how the scat brigade have given the regular venues who'd host fetish events bad experiences in the past, making it harder to convince them that what you propose has nothing to do with bodily fluids (really - you don't want to hear the specifics of how the scatters have buggered up various fetish nights and left venus distinctly unimpressed at the scene as a whole).
Having clean-up facilities for participants at the venue is another problem.

Then there's the issue of whether it's primaraly a participating event or a "take your own pictures of our sesh" one. Most regular fetish clubs will not allow cameras because the patrons want discretion and the knowledge that they won't see themselves in the Sun the next morning, so do-ers and watchers/photographers have different needs.

The road towards an active scene has progressed in recent years though in similar ways to how the BDSM scene got going with the advent of WAM munches.
A munch is a meet-up in a vanilla environment to chat about fetish matters in a safe environment, and is a vital way-in for people trying to find/build a scene. There's been a series of succesful meets in London over the last couple of years, a recent succesful one up in Tyneside and more being discussed around the country (we hope to do one in Leeds soon based on demand expressed on the Wamdrogony forum).

We didn't even get this far overnight, the scene has only just become large enough to support munches, but the seeds have been sown. It's always been the case that on pitching for support you'll get loads of initial enthusiasm which vanishes into the ether once you set a date and require people to actually show up. It does take a lot of guts (bordering on stupidity) to show up for kinky fun with people you wouldn't know from Adam, which is why the munches are an important step. But as the scene expands, so does the pool of active participants and the word of mouth network on who is trustworthy.

Hope you manage to accomplish your goals, everything that helps build the scene is good and I'd be happy to help if I can.
TottyMcGee

Postby DELETED » 28 Apr 2006, 22:19

DELETED
DELETED

meets

Postby andy250 » 28 Apr 2006, 22:43

Meets are cool but the only prob, is one getting people to turn up, two orgainsing the carry on, three pulling the entire thing off, ask Bill he did three splosh days I went to two, we got in for free cos we always did some kind of stand up show, Bill never made any money as far as I am aware, and took all lot of time and effort just for people to do a no show.

You need to find local people or get in touch outside your area and be prepared to travel. Thats why I host can't be arsed travelling anymore, plus Miss Helen who i work with has got no room at her place.

Andy
andy250

Postby DecadentDoll » 29 Apr 2006, 00:17

Travelling is a big hassle for a lot of people it would seem, and there are a vast amount of people who make empty promises and such

fab idea though andid try my hardest to get there!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss
DecadentDoll

Postby easy_as_ » 29 Apr 2006, 00:59

Hi KA,

It isn't a Messy Meet as such, but, myself and another chap orgasnise a meet up in a pub.
This is normally organised on the UMD forum.
You may know about these already, the last one was in Newcastle.

The next one is due to take place on June 1st, in London.
It will be advertised on the UMD and with Bill and Hayley's blessing, on here too !

Bill has even been to a few of them, and what a nice chap he is too !

However, these are just evenings for beer and chat ,
but with any luck they could and can lead to other things being organised . . . as people get to know each other better . . .

. . . watch these spaces . . . ! :D
Who ate all the pies ? What a waste of pie !
easy_as_

Return to General WAM Banter