Diverse WAM?

Chat, flirt and fantasise about everything wet and messy

Diverse WAM?

Postby Clare Rose » 29 May 2006, 12:52

Hi! I don't know if I'm opening a can of worms or if the thing I'm about to bring up already exists as community I don't know about but it occurred to me that you don't see a lot of non white girls/models in the WAM fetish scene, at least modelling which is what I'm really talking about. It got me to wondering why and if it was something we could do something about! Personally I'd love to see a really delicate pretty Japanese girl on the end of a good sploshing! So if anyone reading this has an opinion or can help out let me know!

I'm aware I could be starting something here a bit along the lines of when my good chum King Arthur posed the "is wam degrading?" question and I think there's two schools of thought on this.

1. That we're not actively excluding anyone and if you want to be a part of this community you can and as a result why should we actively encourage one group or another

2. If a group (race/gender etc) is under represented perhaps we should do something to encourage an interest or at least represent that group in some way.

Personally I believe in the latter. Not out of some "right on" liberal principles but because I think the more inclusive we are the more fun we're going to have (and see!) and after all if it's not your thing you don't have to watch! I don't mean to bang on solely about race here either. I know there's a gay wam scene for men and women which Hayley has touched on a couple of times recently and I know for a fact the TV wam scene is pretty big! I must say here that I also know that Hayley and Bill are very inclusive in their view and actively welcome everyone. This is really a comment on the WAM community in general. What do others think? should we actively try to show a more diverse (in every sense) selection of models/contributors or not?

Clare xxx
Clare Rose

Postby Clare Rose » 29 May 2006, 12:54

By the way I just noticed after I posted this the topic underneath came from "Wamdrogony" (spelling!?) Hurrah!
Clare Rose

Postby Hayley » 29 May 2006, 13:10

Our attitude has always been that anyone of any age, size, shape, sex, race, creed or colour is welcome to get messy with us.

We do not positively or negatively discriminate because we don't approach people they approach us, but perhaps we should start a quota system (I don't think so, really).. We feel that enthusiasm and a genuine desire to do it is more important than getting a politically correct racial balance. So we'd rather have volunteers than people pressed into it.

Having said that, the lovely Koko-Li (form China) will soon be doing stuff for us.

Hayley and Bill
Hayley
Site Admin

Postby DELETED » 29 May 2006, 21:09

DELETED
DELETED

Postby tony » 30 May 2006, 00:49

I really don't that there is a problem. Wammers are really cool people and very accepting of all. On these boards you see fat, thin, young, old, gay, straight, cd as well as people from all countries of the world. When i chat i often talk with "girls" who are probably guys but we have a great time anyway and who am I to judge if they want to come in as girls, if it does it for them that is fine by me. What I am saying is we welcome all types here and on other boards with open arms. If they want to join in and like wet and messy then they are most welcome. I really do not think that we exclude anyone. The initial point that most folks here are white skinned is well made but that is not our choice, just the way it pans out.
tony

Postby KingArthur » 30 May 2006, 11:40

Okay, here we go - another "devil's advocate" post from the "King",

I think my friend Clare makes a very valid and well argued point - the overwhelming majority of WAM content seems to contain white, young female models, of which the vast majority are slim and "conventionally" attractive. I researched my splosh video collection and the (although this was not an exhaustive study) I could only see TWO models who didn't fit into this category - the asian girl who did the "wedding cake demonstration" in Sticky Buns, and the Polynesian girl in (I think) mucky puppies.

This, in turn, begs the question why. Whilst I am appalled by the concept of compartmentalising people because of race, colour or creed (I am an ethnic minority myself!), I think we would be naive to believe that - on some level - we do not have our own preferences. We have preferences in shape, hair colour - even eye colour - and this is not seen to be a controversial issue, however once skin colour is mentioned, people bridle with anticipated offence. Putting aside the whole race issue (if we can) - will people be honest enough to say that the reason why the majority of commercial WAM producers (videos, DVDs, websites etc) in Europe and the US employ models who are young, slim caucasians is because that is what the majority of their paying punters want to see? Equally, in Japan their models are Japanese (although this may be more about models' availability than anything else).

My central point is that (to quote the Jam) the public gets what the public wants. If the majority of what we get falls into a fairly tight demographic, is that not indicative of what we want? If not, then Splosh and all the other WAM content providers need to improve their market research, which I strongly doubt as we all seem happy punters and keep coming back for more.

As I said with the other "degrading" post - this is not necessarily my own view - I and members of my family have been victims of racist bigotry for far too long - but I am interested to see what people's views are on this subject.

Your comments (politely...) please!

"King" Arthur
KingArthur

Postby Sploshman » 30 May 2006, 19:28

I am myself of ethnic minority orign too and i guess i'm one of the odd few black guys that do like to get messy.

Don't think it's really something that you could tell your parents or mates that your a fan of, if your family's from that type of orgin due to the background and way of life that we get brought up in.

You would bloody get really ridiculed if you did which is a shame (they have a lot of old skool ideas and values bout things and culture which makes it 10 tymes worse plus as lot of the youths think that they are hard men but that's another story).

I can remember the day my big bro found out about it and was well scared of what he would of thought.

Thank god that he was kool about it which was a shock (still haven't told my dad yet and we usually get on like a house on fire lol).

Personally it's not surprising as the majority of my culture would think that it's too weird and wouldn't understand it (i remember what my mum said when she saw my Splosh mag by accident - not nice words lol).

Sad but true and hopefully it will change in the future.

As for seeing slim cuties than big beauties getting messy in the vids. I would love to see more cute big girls get messy in them as i'm sure that there is a fanbase - i would enjoy it and it don't that i'm the only one.

All the girls i've dated so far haven't been the stereotypical media "slim" types and all of them have had sexy curves on them (hell i've even got on of them messy @ splosh HQ and hopefully will get my GF i'm with now down there too if poss lol).

I don't think that it gives a decent reflection of how girls are in real life and sends the wrong message that only slim cuties can get messy and sell the vids.

There should be all types on there getting messy not just one or two types!!.
Sploshman

Postby DecadentDoll » 30 May 2006, 19:52

Thought Saffron deserved a mention here.... also Marcia and Monica the sploshing sisters. I suppose it just so happens that not a lot of ethically diverse girls have been involved, but it's not all just white/caucasian ladies in my experience.

Oh and Clare, theres a japanese girl band i think called Puffy Puffy Amiyumi? I'l check that name... but they have a music video in slow mo where they pie eachother. It's so gorgeous!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss
DecadentDoll

Return to General WAM Banter